Giving up

Options
ive been on this diet since the beginning of the year and I'm having trouble sticking with it and I keep eating things I shouldn't ive got a concert to go to in September and I wanted to lost 4 stone for it ive lost just over 2 stone atm what can I do to help me get back on track

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    You're more than halfway there! Good job!

Why would you give up when it's working for you?

Time is going to pass whether you are trying to lose weight or not. Any loss is progress in the right direction.
  • Meliissami
    Meliissami Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you and ive got really good seats and I don't wanna be the only bigger person there
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Focus on your successes. Are you seeing a general trend toward your goal? Don't let a minor setback throw you off. Think long term and keep making small positive changes - you got this!
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have tried to lose weight over and over but it's true once you make up your mind, had enough of being over weight a light came on. You need a long time (Andalusia sort term goal(s). Something that will continue to motivate you to do the work day in and day out.
  • Meliissami
    Options
    I'm going go try and find a goal that will help motivate me to lose it Its just hard coz everyone I live with can eat anything they want to do stuff I should eat is always in the house
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Meliissami wrote: »
    I'm going go try and find a goal that will help motivate me to lose it Its just hard coz everyone I live with can eat anything they want to do stuff I should eat is always in the house
    It took you 5 months to lose 2 and now you need to lose the remaining 2 in 3 months?
    Weight loss gets harder the less you have to lose not easier, so be preapred for not getting all the way there.

Split it into 2,3,4 week segments and just focus on that. Giving up doesnt really get you anywhere and considering you are halfway then it would seem pretty futile. Review your plan, keep it simple, tighten your loging and take small steps back in, keep adding a new one each day.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Giving up doesnt really get you anywhere and considering you are halfway then it would seem pretty futile. Review your plan, keep it simple, tighten your loging and take small steps back in, keep adding a new one each day.

This. Take it from someone who's been halfway TWICE and given up. I gained it all back (and then some) and now have much more work to do.
  • Meliissami
    Options
    I will thank you and I don't mind If I don't lose the other 2st id be happy If I lost another stone
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Thats more realistic, you could lose more than one, but its important to pace yourself so that you get to target eventually. As for getting back, then review your stragey, is it too aggressive, are you logging properly, is your exercise though through etc. Always keep things under review so your plan caters for you and adapts.