Eating to feel better

Options
2»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    apparently you really should wear your sunglasses at night!)

And thank you very much for getting THAT song in my head.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Kinda vague. An article somewhere. To feel "better". What does that mean? Fuller longer? Fewer high and low sugar moments? The pattern is very similar to what a diabetic would follow to avoid sugar highs and lows. I am able to incorporate this pattern by adjusting my snacks to about 100 to 150 cals each. I am no longer a diabetic but the habit has been set.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I once read an article that blood-letting was healthy and beneficial.

I consider both articles equally relevant.

Today, we call that blood donation, and it is still considered healthy and beneficial.

Lol :p

Meal/calorie timing is a preference thing. Some people prefer to eat frequently, others not so much. For me personally, I do 16:8IF and I to break my daily fast between 11am-noon with my biggest meal of the day. Then late afternoon I'll have a protein centered snack (I'm working towards specific macro ratios right now). Then around 6pm-7pm I'll have my second meal of the day and will be done consuming calories for the night, with the exception of an occasional evening beer on the weekends.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is pretty similar to my eating habits tbh. My main meals are at least 4 hours apart but I tend to get hungry in between, so I have a light snack 2 hours after a meal. I've found this to be the best way to keep me satisfied throughout the day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    An article I read recently said that to feel better one should eat 3-4 hours after a meal and 1-2 hours after a snack. For me, that works out to be at 5am, 9am, 11am, 3pm, 5pm, and 8pm. Thoughts?

I'd go insane. I hate constantly eating like that. What's the reasoning for this, according to the article.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well for me, eating every 2-3 hours which includes 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and 2 snacks, I feel awesome! I drink a ton of water too though to stay fuller since I'm on a 1800 calorie deficit for weight loss. And I never eat after dinner which is usually no later than 6-6:30. I always make sure I'm up at least 4 hours before going to bed, after eating my last meal. I have more energy throughout the day and the foods I eat don't make me feel sluggish or yucky. I stay away from processed food and eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits and protein every day. Ive created a new lifestyle for myself. I don't consider it a "diet." :)