Need help getting back onto my diet

Options
I've been on my diet since the beginning of the year and I'm losing my motivation for it ive lost over 2st atm but I wanna lost another 2st what can I do to get me motivated again

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Pure and simple truth: Motivation comes from within. It's quite common to have that motivation flag as time wears on doing the same things. You need to decide WHY you're doing it and, hopefully, the answer is enough to keep you going. If it isn't, though, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. Ease the restrictions and eat at maintenance for awhile. Allow yourself the extra calories each day and see if you have what it takes yet to maintain what you've lost so far. Keep your eye on the scale and be sure it doesn't start moving in the wrong direction, though. At some point, whether it's an arbitrary date you set yourself or you find your motivation again, get back into the diet and re-dedicate yourself to reaching your goals.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not had that problem in years but when I first lost weight (60lbs) it took me like 7 months and at about the 4th month I hit a hard wall.

I know people are going to hate me saying and I am not suggesting you do this at all *wink wink*, but this is what worked for me.

Me and my girlfriends brother (who had also been cutting for ages) went and bough 4 pots of pringles, 2 ben n jerrys, 6 cans of beer, 2 bag of doritoes, haribo, shortbread, pizza and a bag of doghnuts.

Went at it like an animal, messed up probably 15k cals but by god it did the trick. Was so satisfied and refreshed mentally and physically lol. Felt brill and smashed the rest of my first cut with ease.

... and they all lived happily ever after. The End. :smiley:

Oh forgot to mention the choclolate, two slabs of dairy milk something or other I think it was.
  • Meliissami
    Meliissami Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you I might just try that with my cousin she's the same as me having a hard time staying motivated and we both have a concert to go to in September so we don't wanna be the only bigger people there

• Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I feel better when I'm taking control of things in life that I want to change like my health and fitness. Take charge and affect change vs being affected by things that we've let get out of control. It's easier said than done and takes a few days to start noticing little results.