Is there any "real food" substitute for Laughing Cow?

Options
His_Kid
His_Kid Posts: 44
I want to eat as many real, non-processed foods as possible. I just made something with Laughing Cow and it was so yummy, but I was thinking that it would be great if there was something that got melty and creamy like LC, was versatile enough to use in different recipes, was pretty low in cal/fat, AND wasn't overly processed. Thoughts?

Replies

• thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mexican cheeses are usually pretty good. I have't checked nutritional content, but they are definitely melty and tasty!
    http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/2155-a-guide-to-mexican-cheese-queso-mexicano
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    I am curious about this too... I was going to suggest neufchatel cheese, but it seems to have the same stabilizers and such in there. Sorry, not much help!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump.......I wanna know too. I love laughing cow.
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    sorry, no answers, but i want to check back and see if you get any good suggestions. Yummmy stuff!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    A nice ripe brie is pretty melty and creamy, and full of flavour - and totally unprocessed. Yes, the ones you will find are probably going to be full fat, but you do need a certain amount of fat in your diet.

You can make it low fat by eating less of it - good practice for when you've moved to maintenance. :bigsmile:

EDITED TO ADD: What about goat's cheese, again unprocessed (at least it is here in England) and YUM!
  • heididormanen
    Options
    I just looked up the ingredients and I thought it was going to be worse than it was.. basically milk, milk fat, and salt as a preservative.. not much else to it.