Water....I use crystal light with no calories

Options
Makes drinking water much easier for me. Is it ok beside the artificial sweetner. I gave up sodas 2 weeks ago and it helps.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • mkayluh
    mkayluh Posts: 4
    Options
    Crystal light is ahmazing!
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    What are the artificial sweeteners? Most artificial sweeteners have worse side-effects than Cane Sugar. Aspartame, for example, is a leading contributer to early onset of Diabetes and Alzheimers and even death. Most artificial sweeteners also create a chemical dependancy within the brain too...
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Thats what I drink too. Usually add a little extra splenda and sometimes cut in a strawberry and let is sit in the lemonade. Comes out delicious.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    that is good stuff.. i had been a pepsi holic for the past 7 years. I gave it up cold turkey about a month ago... It was very hard to do but it will be so worth it to see the weight come back off. If your looking to add more friends your more then welcome to add me.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like to use Mi0 liquid water enhancer!! Strawberry Watermelon is my favorite!! Zero calories!!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't totally replace all water intake with Crystal Light...
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Cruystal Light is ok in moderation, but try to get in some pure water also (gradually replace sweetened drinks with water). It really isn't the same as water, but it is a lot better than sodas. Another thing to try is herbal teas (the no-caffeine kind - these are probably the closest to water) - Tazo makes a great passion tea (you can get it at Starbucks, too) which is great iced and doesn't need much sweetener at all.
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great thatnks folks. I have been using 2 indvidual pakets daily with 2- 16oz water and then 1 regular 16oz water. Cancer think doesn't worry me I will eventually go straight water. Making sure I get the full water effect does.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I like to use Mi0 liquid water enhancer!! Strawberry Watermelon is my favorite!! Zero calories!!

MiO (at least where I looked) was almost $5. I guess if you don't use a whole lot it can last a long time, but wow...
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like it but try to limit my use as well. Sometimes I like to just put a few lime or lemon wedges in my water to help flavor it that way.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What are the artificial sweeteners? Most artificial sweeteners have worse side-effects than Cane Sugar. Aspartame, for example, is a leading contributer to early onset of Diabetes and Alzheimers and even death. Most artificial sweeteners also create a chemical dependancy within the brain too...

It's nice to see another person who takes the threats of Aspartame seriously! Squeeze some lemon or lime in your nicely chilled water. What about Club Soda?
  • TiredOfThisShit
    Options
    I drink lots of tea with splenda (we love sweet tea in the south) along with lots of water sweetened with the no calories crystal light or no calorie hawaiian punch. According to my gastro doc, he said that is perfectly okay, since Im getting water in me. I hate the taste of water. I was told not to have diet sodas as they are linked to bad side effects.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    jmruef : Really? WOW! I get it for $2.99. It does last quite a while. I just use one little squirt, If I use more, its really overpowering!!