Need a fitness pal!

Options
so this is my first time really using this app to its full capacity, and I'm very interested in having a fitness pal to help each other stay motivated to our goal.
I am a gym rat, but I weigh 168... Gained 20 lbs back after going from 197lbs to 154lbs and I'm working on getting down to my goal 140lbs. The problem lies in my diet mostly. Granted I drink water like a fish, I pretend like it cancels out the carbs and sugar... Anyway, lets chat, share ideas, and get bikini ready!!!

Replies

• hanipies
    hanipies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi we have similar goals I'm 169.8 wanna get to 147 I'm pretty good with the diet
  • nosilla77
    nosilla77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    a_Carmella, we sound very similar. I, too, love the gym. I circuit train, do Les Mills classes, yoga, elliptical, and walk on days that working out just ain't in me. But my diet...oh goodness. By 4 pm, I am so hungry that if it's near me (especially if it's salty), I eat it. I'm currently 10 lbs over at 158. My goal is to get back to 148. I am 5'9. I would love an accountability buddy if you're up for it!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It will be easy for you to lose weight with MFP. You can easily track your food and with all the exercise you will get to goal in no time.. :0)
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You mean water doesn't cancel out the sweets?? That's crazy talk :p LOL…if you read my profile, we sound very similar. You can add me if you want :-)
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls!

I was down to 140 as well and as of the last few months, have put some back on. Looking to get those extra "lbs" off and just fuel my body more properly. I always feel better when I eat better and like many of you, my problem is more my diet than exercise. I workout pretty hard ... just eat too much. At least I own it right?? haha

To you OP, and any of you, read my profile and if we sound like a good fit, add me!!! ;)
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am so in this category - weight around 160 (I haven't been on a scale in months) but my weight is just standing still. I just created a Humana Vitality challenge for myself and set a weight loss goal for June - I want to get really serious about it for 30 days - I need encouragement! It's so easy to fall off the wagon. :neutral:

And ditto - my problem is the diet........ I lead such a busy busy life style that I find myself eating quick and bad.
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with preplanning meals?
  • Liv2LovemyBody
    Liv2LovemyBody Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am similar to alot of you and need friends for support as well. I am gluten free ATM and as of now I only have one friend who actually talks to me and offers support. If I had a group to do that and I could help back I think there is power in numbers! Anyone add me please
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hey, this sounds really similar to my goals too. I will be happy to support you (or anyone else on the thread for that matter!) please feel free to add. :)