Any Bariatric People hanging around?

Options
Hello! I was wondering if there were any other Baritric patients hanging out. Do you find this app useful?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am ten months post-op, RNY. My dietitian twigged me on to MFP and this is how we "talk" to each other. Here's a local group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This app is useful for anyone wanting to lose weight regardless of your visits to see a doctor.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I lost over a 100 pounds and been maintaining for almost 7 months using this app. ;)
  • kryssy176908
    kryssy176908 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thanks! I'm 4 weeks post op. So far so good. Working on exercise but just not sure what I can do besides walking
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, I will be having VSG bariatric surgery in less than a week, I am currently on the required liquid diet prior to surgery, I would love to have friends on here that are bariatric patients so that we can be of support to one another. Feel free to add me, thanks =]]
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @kryssy176908 Yup, just four weeks post-op it's all about healing. It will take a while to get those core muscles back to where they need to be. I pestered my post-op team for six months until I was cleared for exercise again. I started with yoga and bike riding.
  • twist592
    twist592 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I will be having VSG bariatric surgery in less than a week, I am currently on the required liquid diet prior to surgery, I would love to have friends on here that are bariatric patients so that we can be of support to one another. Feel free to add me, thanks =]]

Hi, I am pre op, hoping for end of May. I use this app and I love it. I'm on 3 different bariatrics support groups. Any one in California or having surgery in Mexico?
  • twist592
    twist592 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an excellent group for you. Are you on Facebook? :)

Patricia
  • mrbradleymaxwell
    mrbradleymaxwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Patricia, what is the FB group?
  • KD_Achieve
    KD_Achieve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pre-op. Surgery date 5/20. Good luck with your goals!
  • vpchipz
    vpchipz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    quote="twist592;32357922"]

Hi, I am pre op, hoping for end of May. I use this app and I love it. I'm on 3 different bariatrics support groups. Any one in California or having surgery in Mexico? [/quote]

I had mine in Mexico. It was worderful