Lost 134lbs, gained back 75lbs phen/topamax

Options
Struggling! Last year I felt fabulous! I had lost over 100lbs, everyone was telling me how great I looked! I had been on the diet combo phen/topamax. It really helped! I stopped drinking soda etc & began only drinking h20. Stayed away from white veggies, breads, carbs, refined sugar...I had it down! And then I cheated, the first time in a year! And then I cheated again& again..the rx worked less & less .And here I am! Huge!!!! The only good thing I still do is I only drink h20. I know what to do & how to do it! Just don't know how to get my groove back!

Replies

• charllata
    charllata Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    With a smile like that! What else do you need-well.. okay a healthy and fit body to go with that smile. We are behind you, you did it once, you can definitely do it again!
    Love,Charllata
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh boy... can I relate!! 5 years ago I lost 93lbs, only 7 lbs away from 100, but I still had a good 50 more to go. I too looked so much better, felt better, was getting tons of compliments, and had really gotten the hang of eating well and working out. And then, well I am not really sure where the derailment began, but I am sure I got a little too comfortable and cheated, and cheated again, and again.... I gained back about 55 lbs, and have been desperately trying to get back on track again, but just can't get the momentum back. I am so mad that I was so close to the 100 lb mark and then bombed. (sigh) I guess all we can do is keep getting back up and trying again. It helps to know that I am not the only one who has had it happen. Never the less, you are a gorgeous lady and you did it once, you can do it again. GOOD LUCK!!
  • Vicky_Sinclair
    Vicky_Sinclair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. This time around no Rx. Lots of water, walking and counting calories. So far, so good...one day at a time :) You can do it!!
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't know too much about the prescriptions for weight loss, are you able to use them again to at least get started? I have never taken anything, simply because it's not an option my doctor has discussed with me. Sometimes I think I would try just about anything if I thought it would help at all. The last time I was at the doctor he talked about the bariatric surgery. Part of me thinks, "just go find out about it" but something tells me that just isn't the right choice for me. At any rate, I would never judge anyone for their decisions. What works for one will not necessarily work for another.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The problem here is you are thinking so much about things like 'cheating' when eating certain foods. You need to refocus and learn about moderation and calorie deficits. That way when you do want to have things like rice and bread, and you do eat them, you are still able to lose weight. Eating a healthy balance of foods, and the foods you like, while maintaining a calorie deficit is sustainable in the long term while losing weight. Then, when you've hit your goal weight and move into maintenance, you can still eat at maintenance within calorie goals.
  • booksmartdevil13
    booksmartdevil13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here! Lost 60lbs while training for a marathon. After it was over I totally slacked off, stopped exercising and started eating junk again... Ended up gaining 45 back. I'm slowly getting back into it, down 10lbs from when I started 2 months ago.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    The problem here is you are thinking so much about things like 'cheating' when eating certain foods. You need to refocus and learn about moderation and calorie deficits. That way when you do want to have things like rice and bread, and you do eat them, you are still able to lose weight. Eating a healthy balance of foods, and the foods you like, while maintaining a calorie deficit is sustainable in the long term while losing weight. Then, when you've hit your goal weight and move into maintenance, you can still eat at maintenance within calorie goals.

Completely agree - I lost 155 lbs with no diet pills, surgery or anything. I don't do low carb or "clean" eating, just all foods in moderation. I've been maintaining my loss for a year now.
  • smoochy65
    smoochy65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am struggling! I've got almost a 150 day streak of tracking and using my jawbone to get 10,000 steps. I eat well, but not perfectly. Life intervenes some times! But in 4 months I have gained and lost the same 4 lbs. What used to work doesn't work anymore for me to lose weight. When does menopause stop sucking the joy out of life? Will I get control over my body again?