Need to be held accountable for binge eating

Rosie943
Rosie943 Posts: 3 Member
I eat really healthy, and I love good organic, natural food, but I have struggled with binge eating for a few years now. I managed to lose 25 lbs last spring with MFP and maintain it for 6 months, but due to my aweful habits of emoational eating, I gained back 15 lbs. I would like to lose 5 to 10 lbs, but what is most important to me is to overcome the bingeing habit. I need somebody to hold me accountable, and motivate me. Somebody to celebrate the small victories with. Are you in?

Replies

• lanatheohsobannana
    lanatheohsobannana Posts: 7 Member
    I can be the same way! Late night bored binging. Don't why I do it at times .
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Hold yourself accountable, it's the only way you'll have long term success. Find a new comfort food perhaps, my go to is coffee. The way I take it now is only about 40 calories
  • Geves13
    Geves13 Posts: 7 Member
    I eat when I'm stressed or anxious! Help!!
  • nightlee
    nightlee Posts: 3 Member
    I have zero will power. What I'll do is explain to myself why I deserve this fattening food, lol. Or I'll reason that it's not that bad and just one is ok.
  • NeverBeenHappier
    NeverBeenHappier Posts: 26 Member
    when you feel urges to eat, do the following
    - Ask yourself, am I really hungry? if yes eat something nice and healthy
    - drink some water/chew gum/busy yourself if not
    - remind yourself that the reason youre eating is because of stress, and not that you need it
  • Rosie943
    Rosie943 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I eat when I'm stressed or anxious as well, which is more than I'd like.. But I find when I'm successful is when I eat mindfully, without distractions. I like coffee too, but I don't want it to become a crutch, because it's not necessarily a healthy habit. I try to drink lots of water before, if I know it's gonna happen. And I've learned to keep my fridge stocked with only clean fresh foods, that aren't packaged processed or sugary or tempting. That way if I binge, it's on something healthy.. But still the way I do it, and the mindset is anything but healthy.
    Rosie943 wrote: »
    Yeah I eat when I'm stressed or anxious as well, which is more than I'd like.. But I find when I'm successful is when I eat mindfully, without distractions. I like coffee too, but I don't want it to become a crutch, because it's not necessarily a healthy habit. I try to drink lots of water before, if I know it's gonna happen. And I'be learned to keep my fridge stocked with only clean fresh foods, that army packaged processed or sweet or tempting. That way if I binge, it's on something healthy.. But still the way I do it, and the mindset is anything but healthy.