What's your vice??

Options
dixilexi
dixilexi Posts: 60 Member
eating healthy and working out is all good, but what's the bad habit you can't seem to break?

Over come a vice? Help others kick theirs!

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My vice is wine. But unfortunately I haven't really overcome it :).
  • GailZunker
    GailZunker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweets all kinds but I have replaced sweets with fresh fruit And my morning smoothies
  • bellagotblues
    bellagotblues Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just coffee with milk/splenda has been my hardest thing to overcome. I'm having one right now even though I know that I should cut back. :(
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Gunja
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, mainly wine and vodka
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just coffee with milk/splenda has been my hardest thing to overcome. I'm having one right now even though I know that I should cut back. :(

This^ but with stevia not splenda.

• dixilexi
    Options

Coffee I feel isn't horrible for you. Caffeine is bad but if you can just cut out the sugar it's better than nothing. I am definitely a coffee drinker, not giving it up lol. But I've heard people just take caffeine pills or even just some pre workout
    Sydking wrote: »
    Gunja

I feel you

Just get to liking straight shots with no sugary chaser
  • wendybirdx
    wendybirdx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    predictable but chocolate. on some days I feel like I could eat anything chocolate-y but usually I'll only make exceptions for the stuff I really like (aka the more caloric stuff like truffles or Opera cake >.<)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. It causes me pain and bloats me for days, but I'd still eat a carton of Ben and Jerry's daily if I didn't care about feeling good. I've actually tried an ice cream only diet, but my favorite flavor takes up all my calories for the day, and leaves me with no evergy to work for more. I made banana ice cream for the holiday with frozen bananas and coconut cream. I can deal with that.

I only drink when I'm with my boyfriend, but I've been waking up feeling dehydrated and exhausted afterward. No more tequila shots, and I've taken to putting an ice cube in my wine to stretch it. I don't need to match a man drink for drink, no matter how much his friends think I'm the cool girlfriend.

Overeating in general has been my biggest vice. That idea that I deserve all the food because I had a bad day/year/life. I wrecked my already sensitive digestive system with that attitude. Even eating large amounts of low calorie foods does me in. Now, I'm trying to eat tiny amounts, so I'm actually eating near-constantly.
    Gunja

Not a vice for me! It helps my meditation practice immensely, and I keep a dish of berries around for snacking. It makes fruit taste even more amazing! Go sprinkle a sliced plum with cinnamon and allspice, and slice some sharp cheese for contrast. Munchie bliss.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm very messy and disorganized
  • dixilexi
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Gunja
    Vune wrote:
    not a vice for me! It helps my meditation practice immensely, and I keep a dish of berries around for snacking. It makes fruit taste even more amazing! Go sprinkle a sliced plum with cinnamon and allspice, and slice some sharp cheese for contrast. Munchie bliss.

That's what I need to do, munchies can undo 3 good days. I need to get some healthy snacks like that!
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Women that's my vice
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My laziness. I will do good for a month then get into a tv show on netflix and it all goes downhill from there. I need a treadmill or a stationary bike so I can do both.
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    moisturizer
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make myself sleep an adequate amount.
  • blonde_emporium
    blonde_emporium Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    dixilexi wrote: »

Coffee I feel isn't horrible for you. Caffeine is bad but if you can just cut out the sugar it's better than nothing. I am definitely a coffee drinker, not giving it up lol. But I've heard people just take caffeine pills or even just some pre workout
    Gunja

I feel you

Just get to liking straight shots with no sugary chaser

• blonde_emporium
    blonde_emporium Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rye whiskey and 7 up..

• 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mountain Dew, use to drink a case or more a week. I have now successfully replaced it with water and lost allot of weight. Still have about 20 lbs to go. To add a little flavor to the water I give it a dash of homemade orange bitters.
  • emmy141
    emmy141 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Biscuits. Particularly oreos. But i've gone from wanting to eat like 20 in a sitting to only eating a couple, so i'm calling that progress!
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on sweets, don't care much for chocolate...but greasy/fatty/salty things are my weakness.

Pizza, wings, bacon cheeseburgers. Mmmmmm...