Chocolate anyone?

Options
Does anyone have a remedy for a serious chocolate craving? HELP!!! Feel free to add me, I am open to all suggestions and ideas.

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yep - i eat and LOVE 85 or 90% dark chocolate.

throw a square in your mouth and let it melt.

Delish
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate promises...only 44 calories and very satisfying. I eat 2 a day and have lost a pound a week for 4 months. Don't deny yourself.
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Low sugar fudgesicle! Only 40 calories, 6 grams of sugar and totally kicks the chocolate craving!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dark chocolate squares 70-80 cacao%!!! Works every time for me to squash the cravings
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yep. I had heaps of chocolate today and it was yummo. I also had a mean milkshake this afternoon and it was just as yummo. Still, I'm within my budget because I ran to my local gym at lunch and worked out, before running back to work.

So I guess the answer to your question is: yes, I have a way to deal with my love of chocolate, it's lots of running.

Good luck.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do not I repeat do not eat the Hersheys special dark chocolate bar with almonds if your stomach is not used to rich foods! I had 3 small pieces of the bar and it went through me! lol The Cadbury dark chocolate is so good and it isn't that rich at all!
  • thriller001
    thriller001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate AND dessert so I eat it twice a week! (Unless there's a holiday or birthday) I find that I enjoy it more and I've lost my cravings for sugar as well.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is a good way to go, espically if you just let it melt instead of chewing it. Lasts longer that way, so you get a longer period of chocolate flavor for less actual chocolate. If that even makes sense. ^^;
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yep, I just switched to 86% dark chocolate recently and I have read the high cacao percentage is good for you. It doesn't taste like milk chocolate, not as sweet, but so far it has satisfied my craving. Suggest you buy one bar and try it, you may not like it at first but it grows on you. That is the best way I can explain it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I have also heard avocado can help with chocolate craving
  • bennett180790
    bennett180790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate and ice cream daily, either one or the other. i work it into my macros i don't deprive .. this week i lost 4lbs. If it fits your macros :) if you restrict you'll binge
  • actinica
    actinica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% - 2 squares a day has helped me manage my chocolate cravings.

As you start to cut down on sugar, your sweetness threshold will go down. I actually find 85%-90% cacao chocolate sweet now.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the dark chocolate comments. Even if you don't think you like dark chocolate, start with a very low percentage and work your way up. You will need much less than milk chocolate to be satisfied.