5' - 5'2" success stories?

Options
13»

Replies

• titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry. When you reached your goal, did you increase your calories to maintain?
  • jayjay77777
    jayjay77777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I'm 5'2" and have gone from 159 to 132 ... goal is 125 (or maybe 120). I'm 52, so have the double challenge of older and short.

I've been eating 1200 calories a day plus light exercise. Weight loss has been quite slow but steady. Curious what plan/calories others are using?
  • VenusStar101
    VenusStar101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I start at 149 officially 150 at one point. What got me was when I went into labor with my 3rd child I was 152. Ahhhh! This app has helped a bunch to track what I'm eating. Not just calories. I'm down only to 147 so far. Still need to pick up my exercise. My build looks best at 120-125. I've been smaller before and looked sickly. I've got a pre goal of 130 kind of a stepping stone.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    OP - in love with your hair colour :smiley: and great job everyone
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5'2" 166 to 145 still work in progress...
    Before
    [URL=http://s815.photobucket.com/user/ChrDanSam/media/fitness 001.jpg.htmlfitness%20001.jpg[/URL]
    After
    IMG_20150526_170231.jpg
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    5'1" and I have about 40 pounds to lose! We can do it!
  • cragslthorpe
    cragslthorpe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi guys im 5ft1 and a 1/4" (don't forget the quarter! It makes all the difference when you're this short!!!) my goal is to go from 121lbs to 115lbs. Might not sound like much but for me its a huge amount as i suffer from depression and it's a side effect of the medication! I've also not done any exercise for 16years have asthma and a weak neck! (It is an entire dress size difference) i started about 18days ago and hav lost 5lbs but gained 2lbs again (a friends wedding- 4course meal- yadda yadda!!!) hearing your inspirational stories is wonderful! Keep it up guys hopefully i'll be able to keep it up like u have
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @tito, no I never increased my calories until I was at my goal weight. Looking back now, I could have (I have learned a lot from this website). I more or less reversed dieted once I hit goal, adding a little at a time until I'm where I am now...
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Brynnsmom, thank you. I have lost the weight a few times but was never able to keep it off. I would like to maintain this time. I will do what you did. Thanks again
  • andrealoveleigh
    andrealoveleigh Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Before my wedding in September I had lost about 20 pounds and was around 120. After my first year of teaching and no longer having to worry about "fitting into the dress", I got way off track. According to the scales at the doctor's office today, I've gained 19 of those 20 pounds back, however my weight issues have been with me for many years. My junior year of high school (I'm now 25) I went from about 170 to 110. I maintained that for many years, then went up to where I am now, then settled at a healthy 120. And now here I am up 19 pounds. Now I am trying to get motivated again since I am out for the summer and can really spend more time focusing on my health in a healthy way. Feel free to add me because I need all the motivation I can get! :) Short girls have to stick together!

I've attached a picture of me with my then-fiancé where I was around 115. I've also attached the most recent photo of myself where I finally realized a major change needed to happen. Now, I realize that I am by no means overweight, just that I worked hard to accomplish a goal, reached it, and then fell back into old habits. Now I'm trying to correct that so that I can feel comfortable with my body (and my clothes) again! :)stgugs17rfen.jpg
    o2km0w86rqm1.jpg
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have lost 40 lbs since January 1st. I started at a size 16 at 202 lbs and currently wear a size 10 at 162 lbs. I have another 30 to go but once you get into the groove, it seems much more manageable. I recently had a NSV, I got to buy a small scrub top for school! Take one day at a time and you will get there :)
  • FeliJD
    FeliJD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 154cm (nearly 5'1") And weigh 48kg (105lbs I think). Before and after shots indicate a weight loss of about 10kgs. However I have more muscle than ever before. Just take small steps, you'll see small changes and overtime bigger ones.

clxqs3bmjpo5.jpg3c9fqmme0vo2.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!