Need help in all kinds of ways

Options
Hello everyone my name is Donna and I am severely over weight. I have been working out for a little over a month now and I'm finding it hard to eat the right foods be cuz I don't like most of them. I added this app for more help and friends that r having the same struggles I am going thru right now. But I know with a little help and motivation we can do anything.

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It takes a complete change in mindset. Eat to live, not live to eat. Start with making small changes and build from there. I've lost over 100 pounds (it took me almost 4 years), so if I can do this, you can too!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Starting with the "right foods" in my opinion is the wrong way to attack this. Track what you normally eat. Find out the calorie content of what you do like. Then when you find yourself starving because that food is so calorie dense, you'll find, "Ok maybe a salad would be good today" Or "I think I'll load my plate with broccoli instead of more noodles".
    I eat 70% the same foods I was. Just much smaller portions. I found I want more bang for my buck. Getting greek yogurt with lots of protein instead of the sugar laden kind. Instead of 3 eggs for breakfast I'll have 1 whole and 2 whites scrambled.
    You can make little changes to what you like, to what will have less calories, without just eating boiled chicken and brown rice. (Which both can be made to be absolutely delish, if you season them right)

You need to eat at a calorie deficit, not just work out. You can work yourself into the ground, but if you're not consuming less, you'll never lose a pound. I had started a bootcamp class, worked out for 4 months. I wasn't losing anything but was becoming tighter and stronger. Only when I started eating at a deficit did I start losing poundage.
  • donnarbolton
    donnarbolton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone that helps a lot. I know the dr has me on a 1200 calorie diet right now.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as the "right foods." It doesn't really matter what you eat as long as your under your calorie deficit. You have to track your daily calories and have a goal. I'm also not a huge fan of the "right foods" but I can eat some healthier foods but you'll never see me eating quinoa or hummus even though they are good foods lol. But, I track all my foods every day! And I stick to my calorie deficit every day! Get organized, write everything you eat down in a journal or on MFP. Also drink tons of water it helps clean the system and keep you fuller. Eat small portions throughout the day, this will help your digestive system. And do at least 30mins of workouts or some kind of activity. I never thought I'd be one to have a healthier lifesty but I'm doing it and seeing results. So if I can do it, anyone can! You've got this!!! Just be patient and take one day at a time. Losing weight takes time and patience. Good luck ;) add me if u need the extra motivation I log daily.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone that helps a lot. I know the dr has me on a 1200 calorie diet right now.

If you're severely overweight 1200 calories may be too little for you. Has your doctor referred you to a registered dietitian? An RD would also be able to help you with food recommendations.
  • donnarbolton
    donnarbolton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes jruzer he has and that is the one who put me on a 1200 calorie diet. It's working so far I'm done 15 lbs in little over a month. And thank u inked I need all I can get.