Counting Macros

Options
New to the forums here, but I appreciate any suggestions. I've lost a total of 140 lbs in the last 2 years through different methods (counting calories on this app, low carb) and running. I'm wanting to start counting macros - following iifym goals - and incorporate weight lifting into my routine to lose the last 40 lbs. I'm struggling with being able to meet all the macro goals. If I meet my protein goal, I've exceeded my carbs goal - and honestly, I'm not doing that bad on quality eating. Just finding it difficult to find a balance with fitting my food within my macros. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Celticgal100
    Celticgal100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, but floundering on the new macro thing myself. Looking for a different angle to keep me motivated Nd hopefully eating healthier.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I find pre planning helps - spend some time before hand working out your meals. Start with the macros you struggle with first - add a protein source to every meal, make sure you've got your fat, then add carbs in. You may have to play around with ratios to get them close to your macros, but it gets easier. Make lists of your favourite foods in each macro (some are both/all three, but will be predominantly one most of the time) and build meals from the lists