Favorite Snacks

MercuryBlue
MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
Since so many of us crave snacks, I thought it might be fun to share our favorite healthy snacks/treats with one another.

One of my favorite treats is low fat cottage cheese mixed with chopped up kiwi (skin on). I love kiwi skin because I'm a sucker for sour, and the flavor pairs really well with the saltiness of the cheese.

Num..... Now I'm craving it, and I'm not even hungry!

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Cashew
  • julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Beef jerky. High protein, low cal/fat. Mmmm jalapeno. So damn expensive, though!
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    I've recently gotten into rice cakes again. I ate them like 10 years ago and then forgot about them. I bought apple cinnamon and put a lil jif whips on it, and then I got regular organic brown rice cakes and use a laughing cow cheese wedge with that. Other than that I'm a sucker for Quest bars and fresh fruit (peaches/nectarines, grapes, banana's lately)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Air popped popcorn with a little salt. It's slightly over 100 for four cups (1/4 cup unpopped), which is usually more than I want anyway! (Unless I'm watching a movie). I just wish the kernels weren't so hard on my teeth.
  • thecatsinthebag
    thecatsinthebag Posts: 1 Member
    Apples and peanut butter... Can't get enough.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    My go to snacks are pistachios, almonds, tortilla chips or popcorn.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    1 oz of raw almonds, 20g dried cranberries and a square (11g) of Ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate broken in pieces and mixed in.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I just had some red velvet cake. That was my go to for the day.
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Apples and peanut butter... Can't get enough.

My favorite too
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Hummus with toasted hemp seeds and veggies to dip, apple slices with vanilla Greek yogurt and cinnamon, fresh pineapple, a tablespoon of peanut butter just by itself, Endangered Species Sea Salt & Lime Creme Dark Chocolate Bar.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Home made beef jerky

Spinach pie

Houmus

Greek yogurt and thanini dip with carrot sticks

Toasted corn beef, chees and tomato sandwich

Cup of soup and tin of tuna

Tuna and rice

Rice cakes and cheese

Chocolate rice cakes

• stefannyturcios
    stefannyturcios Posts: 3 Member
    I recently discovered this yummy treat:
    2 full tbsp (1C if you want more volume) plain Greek yogurt (I use non fat)
    1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 tsp natural chunky peanut butter
    A squirt of honey or a little sweeter of your choice (optional)... I really like it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Target has an Archer Farm's brand Pumpkin Hot Cocoa mix, and that stuff is absolutely delightful.
    I also really enjoy Vosges' Dark Chocolate Coconut Ash & Banana or Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel bars!