Times to Eat?

SarahofTwins
SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I wanted to know how many times a day you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks.....

or

Do you eat throughout the day and at what times do you eat?

Also when do you stop eating? 1-3 hours before you go to bed or an hour?

I guess I wanted to know because Ive done it all...I just want to know what might work best because I like to snack at times but I like to eat more so in the evenings.

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    You have to do what works for you and your schedule. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner then save my snack for after dinner because I know that's when I want to snack.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    It is your choice and you will find what works for you. The only thing I would advise against is nibbling or snacking offen. It is called grazing and it is not good for wieght loss. You end of eating so much and you don't even realize it. !
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    I agree w/AlyPri, you have to do what's best for your eating habits and circumstances.

I try to eat something every 3 hours and split my lunch in half; however, I have my journal broken down into: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, supplements/condiments. Therefore, I can keep track of area.

I try to eat dinner w/in an hour after my workout, then wait an hour or so before bed. On the evenings that I do not workout, I try to eat dinner as early as possible (by 6pm), if i'm still hungry (or have a craving) i'll have a snack (mainly fruit) around 8, yet still try to wait at least 30 mins before bed.
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    I think what ever works for you as long as you log it all. mine varies a lot so I stopped getting hung up on the times I eat and focused on eating when I'm hungry and making better choices. I also changed my log to blocks of time, starting at midnight and ending at midnight instead of the default breakfast. lunch, dinner and snack. That seems to be helping me too.

Good luck, we're here for ya

~S
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    I eat with my kids. Breakfast at 7:30, snack at 10, lunch at noon, snack at 3, dinner between 5-6, and then a snack around 8.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I eat every 3 hours starting at 8am , usually 5 or 6 x
This discussion has been closed.