HELP

Options
I am new to this and i have problems with staying motivated. I work out for about 1 wk or two then slowly decide not to go to the gym and restart eating poorly. I need support and tips.from others. Please add me.

Replies

• GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy. It's not easy getting to gym for me, I have to have a check list and calendar schedule to make (guilt) myself to go. Are you interested in other activities that would further your goals but maybe you have an interest in, like cycling or hiking or tennis etc?
  • carriefeidt
    carriefeidt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy! I find that in addition to working out, exerscizingwithout knowing it works good too. Get happy, dance around :) also in my notes on my phone I keep a daily journal of all the good things I do for my body. Each time I do something good, like park far away in the parking lot, volunteer to mop the floors at work, eat a healthy meal, resist temptations, do 10 squats before I go to the bathroom (those add up!) or dance around my kitchen while cooking, or even drink a glass of water, I put a little leaf emoji to mark my progress. By the end of the day I have my own little forest :) I also discovered that waking up in the morning and meditating, doing yoga, and becoming self aware helps me make better decisions. Loving and accepting your body and treating it like your most prized possession is a great way to get in the groove of being healthy. It is a relationship though, and relationships take time! I'm still working on mine lol. Good luck :)
  • amypage121
    amypage121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That means alot from you both. I will try these new ideas and see what i can come up with and keep a daily routine going. I have struggled with self esteem issues and need
    To stick to being more active and watching what i eat. Thank you both for the reply.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy! I find that in addition to working out, exerscizingwithout knowing it works good too. Get happy, dance around :) also in my notes on my phone I keep a daily journal of all the good things I do for my body. Each time I do something good, like park far away in the parking lot, volunteer to mop the floors at work, eat a healthy meal, resist temptations, do 10 squats before I go to the bathroom (those add up!) or dance around my kitchen while cooking, or even drink a glass of water, I put a little leaf emoji to mark my progress. By the end of the day I have my own little forest :) I also discovered that waking up in the morning and meditating, doing yoga, and becoming self aware helps me make better decisions. Loving and accepting your body and treating it like your most prized possession is a great way to get in the groove of being healthy. It is a relationship though, and relationships take time! I'm still working on mine lol. Good luck :)

OMG I LOVE the forest idea!!! I'm so going to start doing that!!! (Also the squats...)
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a board on Pinterest where I pin images of body's that inspire me and also motivational quotes. When I try to slack off and not go for a workout I usually end up on that board reading the motivation and it totally makes me want to workout. Hope that helps.
  • amypage121
    amypage121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks it does help alot :)
  • nikkicotton208
    nikkicotton208 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Do you work out on your own? I started the gym on my own but soon made friends and now we get together and being around others with the same goals really helps me. Being a mum to 2 and working full time getting to the gym is the only "me" time I get and I love it. It's about trying different things and working hardest at the classes that you enjoy