Is anyone out there..

Options
I've done pretty well with managing the amount of calories I eat; I was able to lose 100 pounds in a little less than 9 months just from completely changing my horrible lifestyle...I was a total binge eater for years. I would eat mcdonalds twice a day, probably about 2000 calories each time, and just continue to munch even though I was far passed full. I'm not sure why, maybe because I'm getting so close to my goal, but the urges to binge have been back and uncontrollable. I've sadly given in a few times, went up about 6-9 pounds after weekends of binging, but have always been able to get back at it and drop the weight again relatively quickly. Any advice though on how to stop these urges?

Also-- anyone else out there feel like a slave to the scale? Or like when you look in the mirror, you don't see all the amazing progress you've made, but the rest of the parts that need improvement? Or is that just me..

Replies

• Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ithink everyone is unsatisfied with their self at some point. U just have to stay positive. Good job dropping weight. U look great :)
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali Wood!!
    You've done amazingly well. AMAZINGLY well.

Bingeing....ug....such an awful feeling.

Try this: wear an elastic (rubber?) band around your wrist. Think of five reasons why you want to lose weight. Try and make them positive reasons, like "I want to enjoy wearing clothes I like" rather than "none of my clothes fit".

Now, snap the elastic on your wrist. Only a tiny bit...it isn't meant to hurt!!! You're just meant to feel it. Then say your first reason.

Do this five times in total, repeating the other four reasons each time you snap the elastic band.

When you next feel the urge to binge, repeat this exercise (you can do it subtly, e.g. outside the Macdonalds, just say the words in your head as you snap the elastic against your wrist, nobody need know)

Gimmicky, quack psychology? Yes, maybe, (but it is also cheap and easy to do). The main purpose is literally meant to "snap" you back into a conscious way of thinking. Bingeing is unconscious. Snapping the elastic and remembering your phrases should give you time to come down from that "high" you think you will get from the binge and hopefully give you the strength to reject the urge.

Give it a go and good luck!