A Giant Achievement for me, A Tiny Achievement for Mankind

Options
gabylewis22
gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
I just thought I'd do this as a forum post, because I am bloody proud of myself.
I start my diet every Monday, and by around Thursday every week it's completely ruined. Once again, last night, I fell off the wagon and gorged on around 1000 extra calories of snacks. In a normal situation that would mean I would continue on this path til it's Monday again.
But this morning, I actually managed to get back on it. I am so damn proud of myself it's insane!

Does anyone else suffer with the problem of 'once you've ruined it just a little bit you may as well go completely mad?'

Replies

• kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, I can go nuts for days after a binge, especially when I was on a very restrictive diet, but it's getting easier, plus I'm eating a more realistic calorie intake which helps heaps.
  • schpitt
    schpitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Please tell me what those snacks were. As someone trying to gain weight an instant 1000 cals is very useful.
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh wow........... sounds like my story!!! But like they say you have to jump back on the wagon. Kudos to you for getting back on the good track first thing! That's awesome!
  • gabylewis22
    Options
    schpitt wrote: »
    Congrats!

Please tell me what those snacks were. As someone trying to gain weight an instant 1000 cals is very useful.

Haha thanks! I had one of those microwave popcorns covered in melted butter followed by a couple of crumpets, one with nutella and one with melted cheese - yes I know it sounds vile but its truly amazing. 1000cals worth of amazing hahaha.
  • gabylewis22
    Options
    Thanks everybody! @Debbieclark11 , it's so easy to just say 'it's okay i'll start again monday', but I've got a pretty hectic social life and if I did that every single time I went out for a meal or a night out drinking or a random evening binge then I would never diet again! Even if you end up doing 5 days on and 2 days off chances are you will still lose weight, just slower!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yassss I'm right there with you.....

schpitt wrote: »
    Congrats!

Peanut butter... oh my peanut butter. My favorite "holy-crud-I-can-never-eat-that-again-look-at-those-calories" snack is pretzels dipped in peanut butter. :P

• Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!