Healthy lunch?

Options
orribby1
orribby1 Posts: 10 Member
I need a healthy lunch that can be eaten on the go. Any ideas ?

Replies

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wraps! I buy Flatout Flatbread wraps. Then I mash up a half an,avocado or some light cream cheese, top with shredded cooked chicken or deli turkey, some finely diced cucumber, green onions and tomatoes, and roll it up. It's a big lunch, usually around 300-350 calories, and it's huge and delicious.

I was in a hurry the other day, had to mow before the rain, was starving for lunch, so I sat on the lawn tractor and multitasked, mowing while eating. I hope the neighbors weren't watching...
  • orribby1
    Options
    Haha brilliant thank you it sounds yummy !!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. You can get very creative and FIL a wrap with anything. I go for combinations of texture. I like to mix creamy and crunchy with the meats, and I frequently do tuna or egg salad. Veggie wraps are great too. These wraps are a great way to use leftovers.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds obvious, but pack a portion of your dinner from the night before and take for lunch the next day. For example, last night we had rice and veggies, so I packed away a portion for today. It's easy and fast and saves on cooking time! Lol
  • orribby1
    Options
    Great ideas. Thank you everyone x
  • georginabain
    georginabain Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like simple rice & veggies! It is soooo filling & I often find I don't need an afternoon snack when I eat it.

I use basmati rice mostly with corn, capsicum, spinach, peas, broccoli... Whatever you feel like!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    a sandwich
  • orribby1
    Options
    I love rice so yeah that's a wicked idea
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Homemade low fat rice pudding fills you big time I make a big dish portion out and have it over few days tbh anything is ok to eat moderation is key but some foods do fill more then others :)