Over 40!

Options

Replies

• Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Over 40 is where all the cool kids are! I share the weakness for wine. I decided a while ago to stop focusing on my weight, and focusing more on my health. Healthy eating, exercising daily and enjoying life along the way! Now that that number on a scale isn't the driving force, I see more changes in me and I am liking it! Feel free to add me and good luck!!
  • jillianbic
    jillianbic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lozinit wrote: »
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Hi I'm 44 and have been putting off losing weight for years. I've lost 10lb so far, 18lb to go til I reach my intermediate goal and decide whether I'm happy with that. I've only been at it for about 5 wks, I like the accountability of the app so I leave my diary open for anyone to view, I really think that helps me.

I would like more friends so please add me

Added!!!
  • SamberryC
    SamberryC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Jillian,
    It's great that you're taking advantage of this app's community feature. It really does help. I'm always getting great advice and tips from here. I'm sure you'll find it extremely helpful and kick some of those bad habits. :smile:
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Going on 49, rede out, jog with my lurcher and two children, chauffeur for my daughter and pony, overindulge in wine, whiskey and chocolate.
  • jillianbic
    jillianbic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Sounds very similar to my life!!!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi. 42 but don't feel like it! Have been struggling to get back on track and happy to add some friends to help do that. Anyone can feel free to add me too.
  • blondie1594
    blondie1594 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear! I am 43, and I currently weigh 167....not my heaviest, but still about 30lbs too much. I've been yo-yoing for the past 6 years, and I agree ~ pizza, wine and chocolate are HUGE temptations for me.

If you need some extra support I have a motivational page on Fbook, if you hit "like" at the top you will see daily updates and tips!

https://www.facebook.com/TRWHealthandWellness

What specific goals are you working towards?

Rene' :-) (AKA blondie1594 here on MFP)
  • Guevaraimelda
    Guevaraimelda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi im 42, a friend recommended this app and its been great. Think it is harder to lose weight as you get older but ive lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.

• Guevaraimelda
    Guevaraimelda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great iam want lose 30 lb but is getting hard
  • SKBr
    SKBr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 a couple weeks ago and it's like my body hit a wall. I'm trying to get on top of things before it gets too far out of control!! I think the days of mindless eating are over:(
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I didn't start my weight loss until I was 41 and trying to maintain now that I'm nearly 42...all about the intake for me :) Add me!
  • ggtw197
    ggtw197 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    chocolate pizza with wine is my kind of diet !!
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Big 40 this year hunni x
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and trying to eat better and get healthy again. Feel free to add me!
  • uleee476
    uleee476 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 44 and vegan - however over the last two years more of a starchetarian - gained 40 lbs! Need all the help I can get ! Hope the app and community connection help get me going !
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. Got 37lbs to lose. Wishing everyone much success!
  • Fabulousfoodiefun
    Fabulousfoodiefun Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Forty something's, unite. I think we have to try a little harder than those half our age. But we can do this!
  • kenneth_charles
    kenneth_charles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    47 here, been on MFP awhile, recently started a new account, felt like giving up but I couldn't stay away !
  • nneretin
    nneretin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all I just turned 50. Love being 50! Decided to start that original rock band that I have been putting off for the last 30 years and realized in the videos and photos that I would rock the jeans better if I were 25 pounds lighter. I am also moving around the stage so much better. I am halfway to my goal and very excited to have a whole community to do it with. As I go you go! Xo
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 40+ club. Friend me if you'd like. Strength in numbers. It aint easy!