24 days in, 200 lb to 192 lb

Options
I quit smoking December 10th 2013. I found that candy was perfect to help me quit. The results are not unique, I gained 35 lb. After a year of blaming quitting smoking my daughter spoke up with a hard truth, I wasn't still over weight because of quitting, I just ate too much and didn't do anything. It took me 6 months to decide to do anything about it.
I have never been on a "diet." (I hate that word) A friend suggested the app and I took to it like a duck to water. I find it so easy to use and I can still eat gross stuff if I so choose. I find I am choosing less gross stuff. My biggest fear going into this was that I would be hungry or feel deprived of my favorite thing, sweets. So far I have not felt hungry and still enjoy treats.
one of my biggest changes is that I have started walking, and I even am enjoying it and have starting walking further and even trotted yesterday.
As of today, day 24, I have gone from 200 lb down to 192.5 this morning.
I will be joining the YMCA next week and starting yoga. I am so excited about this because I have wanted to do yoga for a long time, I just never took the steps to begin.
I am so happy to be on this journey. I feel like this is a new chapter in my life. At 38 years old this is a great time to begin caring about my health.

Replies

• JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good work so far!! Keep it up.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great start!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I wish the people I refer to the app would have as much success. I've had two of them quit on me saying it doesn't work. I'm too nice to tell them that it's not the app that isn't working...

Keep it up and it becomes like second nature. :)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss that's awesome.. this app is amazing but to me also is the friends that come with it.. so inspiring and helpful! you got this :)