I just don't see it..... :(

Options
Hey guys!! I need a little help please.... :smile:

Alright...... the scale says I've lost weight, people have told me they can tell I've lost weight,
I exercise EVERY single day as well as log into MFP and never go over my calories......
That all "should" be good news....... however, I don't see the progress. :frown: I don't know
what's wrong with me. I don't weigh myself accept when I go to the dr's once a month
for my pcos appointment, so I'm not obsessing over numbers..... and I don't go back
till June 4th .
Even over the weekend, I needed some capri pants or shorts or something, and I kept
looking at the bigger sizes still. I even bought an XL in a pair of shorts, and they were
BIG when I got home and tried them on!! But in my eyes, I still need that XL. I still feel
"fat" so to speak. :frown:
I've been at this since March 1st, so I'm not sure what my problem is...... can anyone fill
me in on what could be going on??? Sorry if this is confusing, I don't completely understand
either....... :wink:

Thanks so much everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! i had that issue myself and I still do at times. Give yourself alot of positive self talk. it is the demons from the old you that are trying to keep you down. You keep your chin up and keep doing what you are doing. This will all work out. Be careful of the workouts. You may be pushing yourself to hard! Best wishes and stay in touch so that I can hear how you are doing!!
    Shelia
  • thompson000
    thompson000 Posts: 38
    Options
    I have a co-worker who refuses to try on a smaller size in fear of it not fitting.....take a leap of faith and try on the next size down...if it dont fit now it will soon.....I look at that as a good thing because you are in between sizes...Good Luck!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It's a big change and like all big changes it will take some getting used to. It's a confidence thing, and it will come with time. One day you'll look in the mirror and have a big revelation!

This is the same sort of thing that happened to me... I remember when I first started using a PC, back in the days when they were first introduced to offices and programs were DOS based... I learned as much as I could, but never felt as if I really knew what I was doing, until I suddenly realised one day that my work kept being interrupted because I had somehow become the person that everyone was coming to for help - I just didn't FEEL like that person.

You've become that slimmer person now, it's just taking a while for it to sink in.

In a way, it's a bit scary... It comes with a bit of responsibility not to fail if you know what I mean?

But you're doing great, try not to get stressed over this. :smile:
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!! :smile:

I really just wish I could see a difference when I look in the mirror....... I hope sometime
    SOON I finally wake up and see that I've made some progress!!! So frustrating!!!