Looking to tone up for my wedding! Any other brides-to-be?

Options
My wedding is in late September, and I'm interested in slimming down and toning up a bit before the big day.

I'm 5'3" and 130lbs, which isn't huge, but after working at a desk job for a year and a half, I'm beginning to feel weak and I'd prefer if I looked and felt a bit stronger.

I go for a 35-45 minute jog at 5am every morning, but I've been doing that for years, so my body has stopped responding to it as a workout and simply relies on it. I plan to add some strength and flexibility training (aiming for yoga, an Insanity video, or some work with a resistance band two times per week).

I've also been making extremely poor choices food-wise lately, so I think I can make some headway on the cellulite on my legs by switching up my eating habits.

Anyone have other plans for pre-wedding fitness?

Replies

• handabearry
    handabearry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always encourage strength training and cardio together - You will be amazed at the progress picking up the heavier dumbbells will bring! And of course the old adage is true - you can't out-exercise a bad diet. That's totally my downfall too.

I'm not a bride-to-be but likely will be soon.. I wanna look cute in those "OMG I'M SO SURPRISED" engagement photos ;) Added you!
  • jfarrisknight
    jfarrisknight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I do most of my workouts from home because I can't afford a gym membership right now. Do you have any recommendations for body weight exercises that could replace dumbbells?

Good luck getting in the shape you want! Hope your partner asks soon. :)
  • omghomer
    omghomer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and getting married this August 15th. We saw an opening in family schedules and jumped on it so I've only got two and a half months to lose some weight and build muscle. I've just started the Keto diet and I've been doing some hardcore spinning 3x a week. Looking to add in strength training and some running. I have a custom dress coming but a bhldn one as a backup and it's way tight so I'm super focused to make sure I get at least 20lbs off before the wedding. Congrats to all trying to get in shape for the big day!
  • channy_1989
    channy_1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Keep up the hard work and stay motivated! :-)
    my wedding is in December and my aim is to be fittest and healthiest i have ever been! Like all brides to be i want to look my best on my wedding day. I have to say my fitness pal is the best app i have ever used! It has hrlped me dramaticaly and has really taught me how to eat healthy. Thanks to this app along with regular excercise have now lost 22kg over the past year.
    Now i really want to focus on toning my body more, i seem to have a "podgey" stomach which i am finding hard to loose. Any tips out there to get that flat stomach?
  • Lmpantaleao
    Lmpantaleao Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Beautiful Brides! I am getting married on October 24th. I am trying to get back on track with weight loss. 2 years ago I went from 195lb to 155 over the course of 7 months. Using MFP and doing about 45 minutes of cardio a week plus strength training. I have gained some "love lbs" and I'm currently 177lb and am 5'4. The last time I had used the Jillian Micheals Body revolution DVDs and mostly an elliptical for my work outs. I am currently running 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes plus about 2-3 strength training excercises. Short term goal is to be at 170 by July 1st and 160 by August 15.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting married on October 24th! 131 days to go.
    I'm a little late to the game, and finally am taking my goals a little more seriously. I have about 40 lbs to lose, if i can. I bought my dress, and it fits as i am now, but it can be altered up to 2 sizes in either direction.
    What are you eating to stay full and satisfied, without driving yourselves crazy?
    Workout routines?