Curious 5'4

Options
My starting stats were 5'4 213 Sz xl/1xl shirts and 16/18 pants. I'm currently 5'4 195 L/XL shirts and 14/16 (and some 12/13). I'm just curious as to what Sz other ladies with my stats wear! I'm hoping to get down to 150!

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 201 Sz 18 pants and XL shirts. I'm an hourglass with a bubblebutt -- my pants always gap at the waist. My goal weight is 145. I track my body fat % and that's where I think I'll need to end up to get the look that I want.
  • jodienjayden
    jodienjayden Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    OP, I started with the same stats as you in November '14. I am now at 137!!!! You can do it! I feel like a new person and actually feel good in clothes again.
  • Myrnlvr
    Myrnlvr Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My starting stats were 180, 5'3, wearing size 14. After 9 months, I am down to 127, still 5'3, and I'm generally wearing a size 28 jeans. The pair I bought that fit the best? Size 4! I know they are a large fitting size 4, because I'm mostly a 6, but I couldn't believe the difference from a 14 to a 4. I have had to give away most of my old clothes, and the last hoodie I bought was an XS (before that an XL) . You GOT this, and it's so worth it. :) Keep doing what you're doing
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's a tough question because it totally depends on the shape of the woman you're asking... (I've seen pics of 10 women who look COMPLETELY different shapes/sizes and all wear a size 10)
    But to answer your question from my part... I'm 5'4, I started in a size 18, and I now wear mostly size 12. Depending also on the maker/quality of the clothing, I can wear a few size 10, but don't consider myself a size 10 just yet... :wink:
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" on a big hair day ;) -- and I started at 200 even, wearing mostly 16 pants and XL tops. Now, at 177, I'm in 12s and some 14s (though most of those are loose on me now) and L/XL up top. I'm also an hourglass, and a fairly busty and broad-shouldered one at that, so I suspect my top size will be slower to come down. Haven't yet settled on an ultimate goal; I figure once I'm down to the top of the healthy BMI range I'll reassess and go from there.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump.....I am 5'5"....around 215....I haven't made it onto the scale yet for my official weigh in. Tomorrow morning I will be adjusting my starting weight. I am a 16/18 pant and XL/1X top.....It is time to get back to basics!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    P.S... WOW.... you ladies are amazing!! :smile:
  • VioletHaz
    VioletHaz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", 187 wearing a 14 or 16(loose) pant and because of four kids wearing L/XL top. I didn't have these ta tas before kids lol. I have a feeling my hips won't go down in size much but that has yet to be seen. I have only gotten serious again in the last 2/3 weeks since new thyroid med perked me up. Only down 1 lb in these last few weeks but my muscles are in better shape :). Goal is about 145.
    Good luck!
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and starting weight was 150 and i wore a size 10 in womens and 11 in juniors. Now, I am 131 and wear a size 6 in womens and 7/8 in juniors/mediums.
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" started at 163 pounds, wearing L/XL shirts and 13/14 pants. I'm now down to 127, wearing S/M shirts and 6/8 pants.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That's a tough question because it totally depends on the shape of the woman you're asking... (I've seen pics of 10 women who look COMPLETELY different shapes/sizes and all wear a size 10)
    But to answer your question from my part... I'm 5'4, I started in a size 18, and I now wear mostly size 12. Depending also on the maker/quality of the clothing, I can wear a few size 10, but don't consider myself a size 10 just yet... :wink:

This is really true. Not only are women shaped differently but some of us have more muscle and clothing manufacturers all have a different idea what a "size 10" is.

At 5' 3.5", I'm currently 138 pounds and wear medium tops and anything from a size 4 to an 8 in pants depending on the item of clothing and how loosely it fits me.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'4 (I like to say 5'5, but it's more like 5'4.5)

I have a smaller frame, my goal weight is 125 which for me is about a (US) size 2/4 I'm currently 140, in a size 6.

But like a pp said, it is so different for everyone!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Double post

• focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at around 150. My current weight is 124ish and I dont really want to lose any more. I lift...a lot so the ultimate goal is to stay around 125 or a little more and pack on lean, tight muscle, which I'm doing quite nicely, LOL!

I'm busty so during my "heavier" days I wore a size 10 and now I'm down to around a 4-6, depending on the style of clothes. Its difficult because my chest is still a little bigger but my pant size is small.

My profile pic is a before and after in the same dress so you can see what a big difference 25ish lbs can make on my frame.

Lastly, I will be 45 in about a month so anyone can do this. It's a matter of being consistent and finding out what works for you.

Good luck!!
  • Kristalb84
    Kristalb84 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 225 lbs (down from 234) roughly size 18/20 (does it bother anyone else that you're a size 16 in one store and 22 in the next??), XL tops. Hourglass shape, though my midsection is slowly catching up. My goal is 150. I'm really just getting started on this fitness adventure and would love some support! Also, I have had 2 c-sections and have the dreaded c-belly....any tips on how to exercise? Crunches and other ab exercises are so painful...
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5". My SW was 220 & I was a size 16. CW: 142 & size 6. All of you ladies can do this!! Feel free to add me; I'll happily help anyone :)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5". My SW was 220 & I was a size 16. CW: 142 & size 6. All of you ladies can do this!! Feel free to add me; I'll happily help anyone :)

You rock! You were beautiful before and beautiful now! :smile:
  • perfectremedy17
    perfectremedy17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'4 and weigh 106, but I'm a runner and my legs are pretty muscular. I'm down from 120 at my heaviest and went from a size 5/7 pants to a size 1/2 in most stores, but at h&m I'm a size 4 (no vanity sizing there!) I'm happy with my upper body but wish I could slim down my thighs which is where the majority of my weight is because I don't feel I look proportionate right now, but I keep hearing how you can't target specific areas to burn fat and I can't afford to lose anymore up top, so am I stuck with huge thighs?
  • conkin86
    conkin86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! I know all woman are different but it's nice to think I might could get down to a Sz 9/10! I know my family and friends get sick of hearing me talk ab my weightloss all the time so it's nice to have y'all to chat with!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Close to 5'4 and sw was 150 with size 10 jean and getting ready to buy 12's... told myself no more going up in sizes. cw 125 size 8, but haven't bought jeans in a few month so don't know my true size. Shirts were L now M. but still wear L b.c I like the extra room (lol).
    Agree, each will be different due to genetic. I consider myself apple shape. (more belly weight).
    Good Luck... You Can Do It.
    ps. age 50 with no thyroid.