What motivates u?

Options
What motivates u? Drives u? Pushing the human limits motivates me. Proving people wrong, also attractive women. We all have different motivations.

Replies

• swartepiet
    swartepiet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The second time I lost a lot of weight, I donated all my.larger size clothes and bought thing that fit perfect. It's been a great.indicator of slacking.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pantera69 wrote: »
    What motivates u? Drives u? Pushing the human limits motivates me. Proving people wrong, also attractive women. We all have different motivations.
    Me
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Health and vanity and feeling good. I turn 40 in slightly over a year and am determined to spend my 40s (and beyond) in my best shape ever.
  • JottRuthClaire
    JottRuthClaire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Might sound a little strange, but my kids. I consider exercise and eating well like "putting money in the bank for the future". I know I'll be able to be there for them longer and with more strength. Oh yeah. I like the way I look in size 4 jeans, too :):):) ha ha.
  • DawnAnnaMcMaster
    DawnAnnaMcMaster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by my son's upcoming wedding. I know I will have to look at those pics for the rest of my life!

I started using this app the day after he proposed in January. I am down 36 pounds and I feel great. I still have 20 pounds to meet my goal. But, the wedding is a year away and I know I can do this!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    the post-workout high.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm my own motivation. I'm married, so I have no need to impress or attract dudes, and I was never so overweight that my health was at risk, so my loved ones don't provide me much motivation in the "I need to be healthy for them" way. I motivate myself mostly through seeing my own results. That's all I need to keep going. Plus, nothing I'm doing is so difficult that I need a great deal of motivation to do it. I like doing it. Yeah, I'd love to be able to eat my body weight in donuts some days, but other than that I'm more than satisfied with my lifestyle, food, workouts, etc.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    1. I'm going to Vegas in 5 weeks.
    2. I know my boyfriend is going to be proposing soon and want to look my best! :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just seeing all the unhealthy number on my medical chart. I love seeing healthy numbers now. BP off 100/57 (might even need meds lowered soon.) Cholesterol of 159 (vs 245) LDL of 86 (vs 136) HDl of 61 (vs 53) and triglycerides of 59 ( vs 131). Plus I am 201 LBs (vs 335). and a waist line of 41 inches vs 56 inches, Still have some work on my waist and weight.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds, I am motivated by my chronic illness, Crohn's disease. Since my diagnosis 13 years ago, my life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Crohn's disease has taken so many things from me, but I am determined not to let this ugly disease consume my life. My dream has always been to qualify for and run the Boston marathon. Last year, during a particularly bad flare, I faced the reality that I may not always be able to run. That notion left me even more determined and focused on my goal and I am giving it all I've got to achieve it.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just wanna be hot. I think it's ridiculous that at 22, I don't feel like I'm as hot as I can be. So i'm going to work until I can wear (or not!) wear anything I want in any situation and feel 100% okay with it.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Kkallisti wrote: »
    Honestly I just wanna be hot. I think it's ridiculous that at 22, I don't feel like I'm as hot as I can be. So i'm going to work until I can wear (or not!) wear anything I want in any situation and feel 100% okay with it.

If that is you in the pic, I think you are very hot. Never underestimate yourself.

• martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What motivates me this time around is knowing how happy I was when I was 20 lbs lighter. I felt great in everything I put on and my mood was happier. While I still was shy about wearing a two piece swim suit, I did it and got over it. It also felt good knowing that when on a date, I didn't have to worry about my weight or having that extra pudge around my middle. That being said, it's still hard to put down the cookie! And I want to lose another 10 lbs after I lose the initial 20.
  • LittleLadWantsToWin
    LittleLadWantsToWin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My body is my vehicle. I'm not going to put poor quality fuel in it, and not even use the vehicle to boot, am I? I'm stuck with this body for my life and I have to deal with it. May as well make it pleasant, and be healthy and confident.