Lose breathe fast?

when im working out everyone min i have to catch my breathe and that takes me 5. Mins is that bad why is this happening

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Unless you have a medical problem like asthma, its because you are out of shape with non-existent aerobic fitness.

You need to do aerobic exercise and it will get better with time.
  • ambermelissa96
    ambermelissa96 Posts: 4 Member
    scottb81 wrote: »
    Unless you have a medical problem like asthma, its because you are out of shape with non-existent aerobic fitness.

I work out everyday and im in shape thats why i think its weird went to the doctor and they said everything is fine
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    How long have you been working out and what do you do?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    scottb81 wrote: »

I work out everyday and im in shape thats why i think its weird went to the doctor and they said everything is fine

What is your workout routine?

• ambermelissa96
    ambermelissa96 Posts: 4 Member
    for a few years now every day its different well i have a trainer so its really whatever she wants me to do
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Immediate thoughts, like others, is poor cardio fitness.

My second thought, is do you have any issues with anxiety? I have exercise induced anxiety/panic attacks, it makes going to a gym/working out outside/going to classes something of an impossibility and when I first started working out at home I had to stop all the time to bring myself down as I was constantly panicking from overheating and increased heart rate. I've worked through it enough for it not to impact on home workouts now.

Just food for thought.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Do you smoke?
  • jessisaurus
    jessisaurus Posts: 1 Member
    I have exercise-induced asthma. Meaning I have technically have asthma but it is really only aggravated when my heart rate is up and working out - so its incredibly hard to diagnose other than by telling your doctor what happens to you. One tell-tale sign is if the shortness of breath is also accompanied by wheezing or tightening of the chest. I exercise everyday including cardio but I have to go at my own pace and always found it difficult to play on sports teams that require a lot of fast-paced endurance. It can be overcome and doesn't mean you should stop exercising. The doctor would be able to give you a puffer to help with your airways if its becoming a hurdle to your fitness. You take it before exercise and it stops your airways from constricting while you exercise. Good luck.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    could be allergies? that are super bad lately where i live and could see it affecting someone's breathing.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    I've had that with allergies or anxiety. But maybe you just need a full rest day or two.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited May 2015
    You probably aren't as fit as you think you are. Just because you work out everyday doesn't mean you are.

If you don't have a medical issue...and your doctor says you don't...then you are exercising at an intensity level beyond what you can easily handle. If you back off a bit, you won't get as out of breath.

Focus on cardio more.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member

Are your workouts primarily strength / muscle toning related?