Does Drinking a lot Water Help With weight lost?

Options
sherribradley34
sherribradley34 Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
:)

Replies

• spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    According to Dr. Oz, No. Because you get water from your food. I'm just saying... not looking for an argument :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Wow I wonder what your sodium intake is for that much water intake?
  • audreykaufman7
    audreykaufman7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think the perception of drinking a lot of water to help flush out your system and make you fuller so you don't eat a lot when you go to eat your meals. Plus its good for your skin to flush out those nasty toxins :)
  • sherribradley34
    Options
    Thank you
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I doubt it. It may help when you replace sodas/juices/etc with water since water has zero calories thus making your deficit a bit bigger.
  • sherribradley34
    Options
  • SonicKrunch
    SonicKrunch Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty and get my other water from my foods and other drinks throughout the day. I never feel like I'm not getting enough water but really I maybe only intake a litre a day of straight water. I've never tried to drink 4L or more of water so I can't comment on how that might affect my weight loss. I do know that body builders preparing for a meet will consume a ton of water, however they also take drugs and other fat loss stimulants that may require that huge amount of water to not die.
  • sherribradley34
    Options
    [quo :) te="yopeeps025;32673080"]Wow I wonder what your sodium intake is for that much water intake?[/quote]

• sherribradley34
    Options

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It helps you to NOT retain water. That's about it, in regards to weight loss. Of course, there are numerous benefits to drinking water that are unrelated to weight loss.
  • sherribradley34
    Options