Resting heart rate down after 25lb loss

Options
Hulbert0089
Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
Thought about comparing my old stats on Fitbit vs now after losing 25lb. About 20 more to go...

Using Fitbit my avg daily resting heart rate used to be around 71 bpm. It's now 61. Much greater than I expected.

Replies

• kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    A 10 point drop in bpm, that's amazing honey! Well done for shifting weight and improving your overall health!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Depending on how much cardio you do, you might see some further drop as well as you get closer to your weight goal. Congrats on the weight loss.
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thats great. My resting heart rate used to be 75 and its around 55 now. Sometimes its 50.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you have a corrsponding blood pressure drop story could you post it in this thread? Success stories often focus on weight but there is so much more to health.

Who has dropped their blood pressure? Tell your story!

Congrats on the RHR drop! I've experienced the same thing - mine had been creeping up last year as had my BP. Mine has dropped from ~85 to 45, and my BP from 136/90 last August to 109/62 yesterday when donating blood. The nurse looked concerned at first until I caught her eye and let her know it was low because of all the running I do.
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I can't tell you how relieved I was, and a little surprised too. I knew my aerobic capacity had improved greatly (and understatement if I remember the wheezing when I started) but wasn't expecting to be at RHR and BP levels I last saw in my 20's... I'm 53 now.

I'm not advising anyone to follow my path but I want to share something in the hopes of convincing someone not to do the boneheaded thing I did: I'd been putting off going for a complete physical for many years because I was afraid of what I'd hear.

This is totally stupid of course... hearing the sad reality from a doctor I respect greatly probably would have got me going years earlier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!