staying positive

Options
JuSw1
JuSw1 Posts: 1 Member
Trying to get back to my pre-Fibromyalgia (FM) weight. It's a struggle to get past the FM & get moving most days.

Replies

• SpringBack20
    SpringBack20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling. FM is all new for me. The anxiety of not being able to exercise and lose weight is overwhelming. I am trying to "reset" my mind to make small positive changes which will hopefully eventually lead to weight loss again. The lack of sleep is killer for me and that is why I believe my weight has been creeping up for two years now. Are you taking anything for your FM and how long have you been dealing with it? I am now seeing a naturopath because I refuse to take harsh meds with all those potential side effects. She has me on fish oil and magnesium malate which has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced my pain and restless leg syndrome. Before I started taking these, I would be up nights crying all night (not being able to sleep) as my legs wouldn't allow me to even fall asleep and the back/hip pain was excrutiating. Now, I can get to sleep with no restless legs, get back to sleep (when I do wake up through the night) but the pain is "manageble". I am still trying to come to terms knowing that I will have this horrible "condition" for the rest of my life but knowing the pain is now manageable, has helped me tremendously.

I would love to keep in touch and help us both "stay positive".