Hi, I'm Jennifer and am looking for motivational friends

Options
jmalexander77
jmalexander77 Posts: 494 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm Jennifer. Not new to MPF - but I'm back and focusing on a healthier lifestyle. Looking for motivating friends of all sizes...seriously, I don't care if you have 100+ or 5 lbs to lose - I'll even take friends that are looking to gain / bulk up (although I will secretly hate you :wink: ).

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rachel :-) best of luck to you!
  • jmalexander77
    Options
    Thanks Rachel - same to you!
  • robin80h
    robin80h Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,
    I'm looking for motivational friends, too! I've lost weight before but usually can only keep up a diet for 3-4 weeks, before epic sabotage and putting the weight back on. This time, I've been losing for two months strong, and through real lifestyle change that I want to last. MFP had been great. I know that a support network could help me continue to lose weight and keep my health at the forefront of my priorities. So let's be motivational buddies and I welcome invitations from others as well!
    Robin
  • jmalexander77
    Options
    Hi Robin,
    2 months - that's great! Your story is very similar to mine - I do great for a short period of time and then start a downward (or upward unfortunately scale-wise) spiral. Looking forward to seeing you on my news feed.
    Jennifer
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back , trying to lose around 40lbs
    36 year old SAHM
    Feel free to add me :)
    Heidi
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! I can't ever keep a diet so I make up my own...ie: no bread for a month or pasta once a week. The first few weeks are the hardest I think, but it's for the good! Little sacrifices for long term results are worth it!

Feel free to add!

Meghan
  • krissywcox
    krissywcox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 70lbs and I'm a working, going back to school, mom of two! I need all the motivation I can get haha! Feel free to add me ☺️
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin,
    2 months - that's great! Your story is very similar to mine - I do great for a short period of time and then start a downward (or upward unfortunately scale-wise) spiral. Looking forward to seeing you on my news feed.
    Jennifer

If you start off with enthusiasm and then lose it you should be focusing your efforts in changes you will make so you have a better chance of sustaining your journey. Pacing yourself is very important and you want to make it further than previous efforts.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer! I have been on MFP for 137 days now and it's an amazing tool. I lost 2 pounds, gained 10 and then dropped back down so overall I've lost 12 pounds using this site. Feel free to add me and anyone else who adds me from here PLEASE include a message of how you found me! Anyway, best of luck!
  • stephhowell0112
    stephhowell0112 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephanie. I am a realtor in Akron, Ohio and am moving to Bluffton, South Carolina soon. I am married and have two Yorkie puppies, Odie and Penelope. Recently, due to medical issues, I gained 100lbs very quickly. It has been really hard because I can't function like I used to. I hate it and I want to loose weight and more than anything, be healthy. I'm also looking for friends to keep me accountable to my goals because I tend to slack off when I don't feel like doing it anymore. Let me know if we can be friends to help each other out!
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)