Changing legs

Options
Does anyone have pictures of the change in their legs after weightloss, particularly at the knees. I think my legs are what I hate most so seeing pictures of the before and after possible change in legs would really motivate me. Also do knees change much after/during weightloss?

18 year old, 5'7, just started my journey trying to lose 25lbs before starting uni in September
Feel free to add
SW: 152lbs
CW: 148lbs
GW: 125ish lbs

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have what I endearingly call "fat knee" and if you look at someone like Beyonce, for example, you can see that she has it too (fat on the sides of the knee), but with her progressive fitness, her legs look much slimmer, including her knees.
    bbbc2f4aed9c252dbd113bee3f0ffa49.jpg?itok=1yHii8uF
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 lbs so far. I have not taken pictures of my legs. I have taken measurements though and my thighs have gotten 2" smaller and my calves are about 1" smaller. My legs look a little thinner to me but I don't think my knees look very different at all.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have what I endearingly call "fat knee" and if you look at someone like Beyonce, for example, you can see that she has it too (fat on the sides of the knee), but with her progressive fitness, her legs look much slimmer, including her knees.
    bbbc2f4aed9c252dbd113bee3f0ffa49.jpg?itok=1yHii8uF

She also has a change in stance and photo shop
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't have a great picture of them but I have lost a couple inches there and it is definitely more aesthetically pleasing. It was getting to the point where my cellulite was creeping around to the thighs/knees, so even though my legs aren't perfect (and never will be), I'm happy with the change. I lost 30 lbs.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I noticed this week that with the fat I have lost on my legs and the lifting I have been doing, I can now start to see my quads above my knee. It was strange to see in the mirror and I wondered, at first, what the "lumpiness" was. :p
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Before:

Skinny+legs.jpg]

After:

3567269_f520.jpg

Not sure I can see the difference. Must be subtle.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Oh, my - those before and after pictures are hilarious! And creepy. Anyway, lifting always helps with shape and definition. Weighted leg exercises as well as squats, lunges, dead lifts, etc. are imperative if you want to see any positive changes.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken pictures of my legs, but I noticed just last night my thighs are slimming down for sure. I have the fat knee thing too, but I don't care. I like my monster legs.
  • NearlyMelaine
    NearlyMelaine Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is all really helpful, will defo be doing weighed leg exercises