Drinking habit! Hm.. Is it good?

Well, I eat fruits for breakfast. I am eating health ( most of the time: steam vege and red rice) for lunch and dinner. I cardio and fitness 6 days a week. My problem is I love to drink at night.. At home

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    What's the problem?
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 326 Member
    I go to the pub and drink beer, probably 4 nights/wk.
    BUT, I limit what I drink and log it. I stay within my allotted calories ( and weekly units - mostly). I'm still losing.

So, I agree with the poster above - I don't see the problem.
  • salim_techno
    salim_techno Posts: 5 Member
    Drinking alcoholic bev daily is it good?
  • salim_techno
    salim_techno Posts: 5 Member
    ☺ Τhαñk чσù ☺ kathryn. I am in peace.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    It's not inherently bad.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    I DO WHAT I WANT.

& it's always tequila
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Good? Well, that depends. There are plenty of adverse health effects which come along with over-consumption of alcohol. You would really want to think about your health, and consult your doctor in this case.

However, will consuming alcohol affect your weight? Only if drinking it causes you to go over your maintenance calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

it depends on how much you're drinking...if you're having a glass of wine in the evening, probably not a big deal and actually there are known benefits. But personally, I have a hard time doing that...one glass turns into two turns into three turns into bourbon shots, etc.

I'm by no means a tea toddler, but I have had to give up drinking during the week. I will admit that I party like I'm in my early 20s on Saturday evening though.
  • DanReganCT
    DanReganCT Posts: 1 Member
    It is good? Well, that depends on you. Some can. Some cannot. When training I do not.
    I love wine with dinner and a cocktail, or three. Which is bad enough calorically, but after a few drinks I'm more inclined to reach for the bread/rolls and before I know it I'm ordering desert... and my training and nutrition of past days is for nothing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    whats the problem? make room for it in your calories and there's no issue.

I've been drinking a lot lately (beer) and it hasn't stopped my loss....
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 548 Member
    I'd meet nutritional needs first and accept the lower deficit. I would not consider alcohol or sweetened beverages as nutritious enough. Yes I do recognize wine and beer have good things in them, but .....
    If I want an alcoholic drink, I add the calories on TOP of my daily calorie goal. Same with sweets or other treats, or if i must have a regular Coke during a migraine.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

it depends on how much you're drinking...if you're having a glass of wine in the evening, probably not a big deal and actually there are known benefits. But personally, I have a hard time doing that...one glass turns into two turns into three turns into bourbon shots, etc.

I'm by no means a tea toddler, but I have had to give up drinking during the week. I will admit that I party like I'm in my early 20s on Saturday evening though.

LOL at "tea toddler" :P