5'9'' 220lbs and need some motivation

Options
I don't have much of a "support group" around me (no one doubting me, just no one encouraging me either) for my fitness goals and would love to build up a bigger group on here if at all possible. I'm incredibly shy and an ultimate introvert so anyone willing to add me is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• earningmybeer
    earningmybeer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in! FR incoming!
  • jerusha72
    jerusha72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    me too¡¡¡¡
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me three.......... Same specs about
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll send a friend request also. I'm also 5'9 and when I first started my journey, was just north of the weight you posted. Now several years later and having lost over 70 pounds, I am still finding that I need motivation since some of the weight has crept back on. Damn holidays and 8 months on winter! We got this!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request
  • oldbikegirl
    oldbikegirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. I'm also 5'9 and down to 215. I had gotten down to 190 but hit a bad patch late last year and gained 40 lbs. I'm 54 and find strength training harder than it used to be. Mostly I ride my bikes.
  • marchantbrian
    marchantbrian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" male and I've lost 44 pounds since January using MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. I've just started weight training and still get my 5 miles a day in using FitBit either walking, cycling, or my Gazelle Glider that I have at home. Trust the calorie count that MyFitnessPal suggests for your age, weight, height, etc. If I have a very active day, then I will allow 100-200 calories over my normal target calories to make sure I don't go into starvation mode. I've generally lost 2-3 pounds a week until I started weight training and increased my calories to 1800. Now I'm losing about 1 pound a week but I know it is fat loss. I've lost over 10 inches in my waist so I've actually enjoyed clothes shopping for the first time in many years! I started at 233 and now weigh 189. I plan to lose to 174 which will be a healthy BMI for me.
  • mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its so good to hear real peoples stories of success and progress! It makes the goals that much more attainable. Way to go! You should all be very proud of your efforts and success.
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am gonna add you too!! I'm 220 and 5'9"
  • Moobs2Go
    Moobs2Go Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will add you tooo buddy!!! Im 5'9" and 220 as well
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, pretty similar to me