how do you meal plan?

Options
Dawn410
Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
Do you use an app that comes up with your meals? Make your own? Did you meet with a dietitian?

Poor eating habits are my downfall, as I am quite active. I feel like if I had a solid eating plan in place I would be able to stick to it, but on the spot decisions tend to lead me to choose the chips over the veggies.

Replies

• ricardo510diaz
    ricardo510diaz Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You figure out what your goal is: gain, lose, or maintain weight. Figure out the total calories you need to accomplish this goal. Use MyFitnessPal's handy food logging system and put together a plan that fits in with those calorie/macronutrient numbers. It helps if you include some foods you actually like eating as well.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I made my own. I looked at how many calories I had, how many grams of proteins/fats/carbs I needed, and started plugging stuff in.

I eat about 1000-1200 calories before dinner. The other 800-1000 are spent after work on dinner and dessert.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I made my own. I don't count calories anymore, I exercise portion control. I decide what I want available for the week and I cook on Sundays. I prep lunches, some breakfast items and get a head start on dinners - like cook rice ahead or roast peppers for sauce and put in freezer. Then dinner doesn't take as long and even if I'm at work my husband can get a homecooked meal out for the kids. I like everything I put on the menu, that helps. I boil eggs and cut up fruit/veggies for grab and go snacks, I thinly slice and roast zucchini for something crunchy.... I also just eat the cupcake or cheetos if that's what I really want. But, if I want it I have to go get it because we don't keep junk in the house. Oh and beer. I save room for beer with dinner.
  • leahbdesouza
    leahbdesouza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw a nutritionist several years and that really helped to understand how to read labels, portions, etc. It was not to lose weight but truth is if you are eating right you will lose. My fitness pal is an excellent resource to plan out nutrients and portions.