Chugging away!

ailina
ailina Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
So, hi; I'm Ailina. I'm new here, but have been dieting for around a year now, and I recently got back on the wagon after a pretty big fall off, resulting in a 15lb gain. I've managed to shed 10 again in a month and a half, and now I'm just really looking for a support network to help me hit my goal. I'm tired of being fat, hate the way I feel with all this extra weight (tired, sluggish), really want to be able to fit in my skinny jeans, not shy away from taking a picture, and not have to worry about the problems that come with being heavy that are made worse by all the women in my family being heavy. It's been an emotional run, but I am at an altogether weight loss of 35lbs, and looking to lose another 45 is depressing at only 23 years old.

Sorry, I'm a rambler, I'll go now! Thanks for reading, and I look forward to making friends with all of you!

Replies

• So, hi; I'm Ailina. I'm new here, but have been dieting for around a year now, and I recently got back on the wagon after a pretty big fall off, resulting in a 15lb gain. I've managed to shed 10 again in a month and a half, and now I'm just really looking for a support network to help me hit my goal. I'm tired of being fat, hate the way I feel with all this extra weight (tired, sluggish), really want to be able to fit in my skinny jeans, not shy away from taking a picture, and not have to worry about the problems that come with being heavy that are made worse by all the women in my family being heavy. It's been an emotional run, but I am at an altogether weight loss of 35lbs, and looking to lose another 45 is depressing at only 23 years old.

Sorry, I'm a rambler, I'll go now! Thanks for reading, and I look forward to making friends with all of you!
  • Hello! Just thought I'd say hi and I'm new here too. I'm sure this will be a great way to track peoples' weight loss. I've never tried a weight loss program before...it should be interesting. But anyway, good luck to you!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Well welcome to the site to start off. And congrats on the weight that you have already lost, that is amazing. It is great that you are starting up again and not letting a fall off the wagon stop you. There is a ton of support here whenever you need. Everyone always has tips and answers when you need it. I checked out your profile and see that you are near my age as well.
    I totally understand your reason for getting healthy. My grandmother passed away this past year because of liver failure because of all of the medication that she was on. I decided from that point further I would treat my body with respect and get healthy!
    When looking at your profile and how much weight you have lost and how much more you have to lose. Did you consider putting how much you have lost to date instead of where you are starting on MFP? I just recently joined but put what I have lost so far as to give myself a positive attitude of how far I have already come.
    Well I guess I tend to ramble too! Good luck on your journey!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to MFP Ailina!

It is so nice to have you here!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.