Keeping Up With Accuracy

Options
I want to keep up with my counts being accurate. Does anyone know have any advice how I can do that as I'll be staying with family this summer and probably won't be doing a lot of my own cooking? Or do I just need to take my meal preparation into my own hands?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    tbridges8 wrote: »
    I want to keep up with my counts being accurate. Does anyone know have any advice how I can do that as I'll be staying with family this summer and probably won't be doing a lot of my own cooking? Or do I just need to take my meal preparation into my own hands?

Get a scale and weigh your food. If you don't cook/make your own food that's kind of like eating out and creates it's own problem. I feel for you there but if you can weigh as much food as you can then do it. However taking kitchen scales to someone else's house and weighing food that they are giving you presents another challenge.

I feel for you. I really do.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's hard to track calories when other people are preparing food. It's not like you can ask them how many calories are in their food since most people just throw stuff into their food not caring about the calories, carbs, etc. It actually kind of stresses me out lol. That's a tough situation, though.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    See this as your opportunity to take an interest in the cooking and food prep with your family. Ask your relatives who are cooking if you can help them, and maybe ask if they can share their recipes so you can copy them down. Not only will this give you a chance to log them in MFP, but you'll also get yourself a great collection of recipes to make in the future when you want that taste of home. :)
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    It's hard to track calories when other people are preparing food. It's not like you can ask them how many calories are in their food since most people just throw stuff into their food not caring about the calories, carbs, etc. It actually kind of stresses me out lol. That's a tough situation, though.

Most people nowadays, if they aren't heathens, have household nutrition information posted online. I had to push my parents to do it because, well you know they are old, but they did it.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    See this as your opportunity to take an interest in the cooking and food prep with your family. Ask your relatives who are cooking if you can help them, and maybe ask if they can share their recipes so you can copy them down. Not only will this give you a chance to log them in MFP, but you'll also get yourself a great collection of recipes to make in the future when you want that taste of home. :)

Whenever I see your AV I always see snoopy dancing.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

What, you mean this?

snoopy.png

Hehehe.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

What, you mean this?

snoopy.png

Hehehe.

No. This one

snoopy_dancing.jpg
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Over estimate measurements and roughly measure amounts of food or find a similar recipe.
  • tbridges8
    tbridges8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

This is actually a pretty good idea. Thanks!