How to log your strength and resistance training

Options
how do most of you go about logging your strength and resistance training? Do you do that through my fitness pal use another app or is that just something but I know I've seen some people in the gym that do it paper pencil so what would your recommendation be?

Replies

• WeAreSageMode
    WeAreSageMode Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use to do it paper/pen. But I lost 3 years worth of data when my bag got stolen. I put everything in Evernote now so it saves on a cloud. Im sure some people can recommend some good apps for you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i log the minutes in the cardio section with the strength training selection. but i change the calories to '1'- since i dont eat back the strength work calories
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't seem like there is a large variety of strength/resistance activities listed under the exercise portion of MFP. I know the things my personal trainer had me doing last Saturday I couldn't locate so I was just wondering if people use a separate app, paper/pencil or what to keep track of what you are doing with your strength training, since ultimately you want to be able to increase the weight you lift and all...
  • svirds
    svirds Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to log it. I usually do 60 mins of strength training a couple times a week. I log it as cardio (mostly because I don't want to list each single exercise and repeats) - 300 cals burned for 60 mins (This was on the advise of my coach, as this would be the average calorie burn if I were to list everything out and do the math on the calories burned) - I created a strength training category that I check each time. I've been logging it that way for a year and a half now. I don't eat my calories back.
  • kerbeya1
    kerbeya1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use bodyspace the bodybuilding.com site I'll write pen and paper during the work out and then after log it. Much easier that mfp for that