Hurt my back but want to exercise !?!

Options
chloejayne02
chloejayne02 Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hurt my back and it hurts to run jump or do anything with my lower back any suggestions?!?

Replies

• DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious *see your doctor* (in case you haven't already); but if it's a minor, temporary injury, gentle stretching is always a good starting place, moving up to low impact stuff. fitnessblender.com has tons of workout for all levels of fitness - I would suggest starting at levels 1-2, if you feel as though it was something you could do without injuring yourself farther. I use the barre workouts a lot due to a recurring knee injury if I do a lot of jumping, etc found in higher-impact workouts. Definitely listen to your body!!! Your safety absolutely must come first!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    If your back hurts so much that you can't run or jump or do anything with your lower back, you need to see a doctor. Trying to exercise if something is really wrong might result in something even worse. Don't exercise until you know what is going on.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Give your back a break! If your issue is similar to mine, I find that walking actually helps a lot. My back tightens up and sitting is the absolute worst thing I can do. I suggest just walking until it feels better, then get back to other types of exercise when you feel 100% ready and confident that you won't re-injure.
  • chicanasoyyo
    chicanasoyyo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK I understand because I have back problems too . Best exercises with messed up back are pilates because u work your abs a lot and u lay on the floor to do most exercises . But the key to get better is to work your core , so even if u cannot do many exercises just work on your abs and u will get better and ready to do more exercises .

• chloejayne02
    chloejayne02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I've been seeing a doctor got x-Rays all that jazz! I have heard strengthening your abs is a good idea! And if you are struggling with back pain or any pain, And the position you are in ( doing whatever you are doing) hurts get out of it because you will hurt yourself more. I'm a dancer and I want to keep dancing even though it hurts but that is a really bad idea no matter how bad you are hurting!