weight not budging

Options
im doing exercise 3 times a week and keeping to the calorie limit provided and cutting out the junk, i just feel like nothing is happening! :(

been at it for a few months and it makes me really downhearted! :(

Replies

• Lisaew10
    Lisaew10 Posts: 1
    Options
    I get it! I do not feel like I am getting the results I have been wanting, but I really feel we just need to stick with it! Maybe we are not getting enough water or we are building muscle. (Muscle weighs more than fat.) It could be we are doing better than we think. Don't give up! I heard it takes our bodies 2-3 weeks to really show a difference when we make a change.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    First off-start doing measurements. So a few questions-what is involved in your workouts? Can you and would you be willing to do more days of working out? What kinds of things are you eating?
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    I don't lose weight easily either. I know that I have to cut carbs, everyone is different. Just because this site allows a certain allowance, that's just a guideline, you have to learn to know your body. I also know that I need a lot of strength training to build muscle and tone.
    I take pictures of myself every single week with the same outfit on. I saw a difference after the first week of really working out. My scale doesn't usually like to show the effort I've put into it. Just remember, it's about more than the scale. Take measurements too. If your really working, I know you will see it somewhere! Keep it up!! Anything worthwhile takes time!
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. Chances are you are losing inches but not seeing it on the scale because you are replacing fat with muscle.
  • aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    Girl, don't listen to the scale! Do you feel better? Are your clothes fitting looser? That's what matters. Weight fluctuates all the time and you could be gaining muscle
  • HZaknich
    HZaknich Posts: 2
    Options
    Sometimes we just need to step back and appreciate our curves. Don't give up but don't get down. I bet you are beautiful to look at. It's tough as we get older, especially when you've had kids! It will happen with time.

Cheers, Heather
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site since last summer and I feel like I'm yo-yoing, but sometimes you just need support, I'll send you a request and maybe I could view your food diary because sometimes it's not the amount of calories but what kind of calories we're eating. Other than that maybe just try to walk more during the day, take the stairs, or do a jump-start like the 30 day shred.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I haven't been losing as much weight as quickly as I wanted to but my pants do fit me much better and I have more stamina when working out. I'm happy with where I am right now.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Might be taking in too much salt? Might have a slow thyroid? Might be sticking to the calories, but too much of them are from fat? Do you have a lot of muscles? They weigh, cup for cup, 1.5 times as much as fat does.
    If you measure yourself and your waist is less than 35 inches, then you are probably within the "healthy" range.
    Just check with your doctor and then go from there.
    Hugs! :drinker: (drink lots of water)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    First off, don't get discouraged. There are a number of things you can do and as long as you don't give up, you will lose weight!

First, opening your diary would help alot, that way people could give your food advice and see how your days are. Second, could it be medical? It took me 3 months to lose my first 7 lbs, a month after that (and being on medicine for a condition) I've lost 10 more pounds! Finally, try mixing up your eating and exercise habits. Work really hard on cardio one week and just do moderate to light cardio the next or weights MWF and walking/runing T/TH.
  • Tronkind
    Tronkind Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Girl, don't listen to the scale! Do you feel better? Are your clothes fitting looser? That's what matters. Weight fluctuates all the time and you could be gaining muscle

Great post. Who cares if you're say even 350lbs? if you feel confident in the way you look, can fit in the clothes you want, and are fit then lbs mean nothing
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    totally understand that!!!
    I have been working my butt off at the gym 3-4 times a week. and tracking my calories and staying in goal range...
    BUT I have only lost 10 lbs....
    Soooooo when I was complaining about this at the gym the other day..... a gym consultant/trainer overheard me and now
    I have an appointment next Thursday to go over my workout/calorie intact.... to see whats wrong ...he said I should be down at least double what I am now.... GO FIGURE!!!

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

so I'm hoping for some answers next week :)
  • katiejneely
    katiejneely Posts: 52
    Options
    I totally understand. Also, I get so frustrated with the whole "are you clothes fitting looser" thing? Maybe a little, but I KNOW darn well what I weighed 5 years ago, and that is where I'm trying to be. Plus at that time I was VERY fit and I have those exact clothes in my closet. I want them to fit!!! I don't care about my "fat" clothes fitting well. HAHA!! :-)
  • rcm724
    rcm724 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've only been really learning about nutrition and exercise over the last few months... I'd love to offer some help... but I have lots of questions....

What’s your daily calorie requirement? Are you 500 per day under that? or 3500kcal per week under that, for a standard 1lbs per week loss?

My Basal Metabolic Rate rate is 1900 (on the Tools tab), I have a normally sedentary lifestyle so my 'status quo' calorie intake is about 2300 per day. My current Target (NET) calories per day is 1400 (not quite 2 lbs per week weigh loss)

If you use this site to track your intake, set your calorie goals manually to reduce fat intake and lower carbs, I use a 40/40/20 (Carbs, Proteins, Fats) on the custom goals tab.

A lot is how you feel, Not just weight! But you can do it, just need to figure out what’s going on.

A lot is in what we feed to our bodies and how we use it… very important… actually lots to learn on that front. I’ve been at it nonstop for almost two months now, I’m just starting to have a working understanding.

When I started I knew I was going to build muscle doing P90X so, I spent some extra money to know what was going on, a Bioelectric body reader with the hand grips, helps with balancing fat loss and muscle building. Even if the weight is the same, or more... I can see Body fat % down, and Muscle % up, which makes me smile, again, even if the scale went up a pound from the previous week.

You'll get there, have to figure out how to make it work, then it will :happy: