Good scale for iPhone

Options
I'm looking for a good scale to track my weight and want one that connects to my iPhone. I have seen some for ~$50 but the app doesn't look like it's worth it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why not just get a a normal scale?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    dem apps doe
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I use the Withings Body Analyzer scale. It, and the Withings Web App, iOS App and the Withings Pulse all work fine for me. Withings software connects, syncs, and plays nice with everything else out there in iOS land.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria, but it's not exactly cheap. More expansive than a basic Withings Wireless scale and a bit cheaper than the Withings WS 50 Body Analyzer.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Do you plan I. Weighing your self multiple times a day?

Seems like weighing your self and manually entering your weight into mfp would be simple enough. Once a week, even once a day
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a regular digital scale, Eatsmart from Amazon, but I record my weight daily in the Happy Scale app on my phone. It tracks my trends and it only takes 2 seconds to record every day.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Seems like weighing your self and manually entering your weight into mfp would be simple enough. Once a week, even once a day

A lot of the wireless ones do body fat as well, which is kinda useful, if only for showing trends rather than exact numbers
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    freewave04 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good scale to track my weight and want one that connects to my iPhone. I have seen some for ~$50 but the app doesn't look like it's worth it. Any suggestions?

I have a Fitbit Aria wifi scale ($130), which I sync with MFP and with Trendweight.com. I love never having to log my weight, but the body fat % is completely useless.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Any good digital scale that will sync with a smartphone is going to set you back a hefty chunk of cash. We just have a regular digital scale and I enter that manually at MFP on my phone. Much cheaper!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cyronius wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »

A lot of the wireless ones do body fat as well, which is kinda useful, if only for showing trends rather than exact numbers

Yeah I have a body fat one. I manually enter the number into fit bit.

just seems a bit excessive to have a scale sync to your phone.

Or maybe I'm just showing my age. Or acting like a 70 year old.
  • cyronius
    Options
    I love my tech toys! They help me keep motivated :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    How does a scale measure body fat? Can that really be accurate?
  • cyronius
    Options
    They work by detecting the electrical resistance in your body, and using that to work out your body fat percentage. They're *roughly* accurate. However, if you make sure you measure at the same time of day, in the same conditions, they will give pretty consistent results, which can be used to see trends and changes in your body fat over time.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    How does a scale measure body fat? Can that really be accurate?

They send an electrical pulse up one leg & down the other, then guesstimate your upper body. Mine (Fitbit Aria) is useless—perhaps because I've got big thighs & spindly arms?