Low fiber diet

Options
for now (1 more week) I'm on this diet. Doctor orders. What can I eat? Besides jello,pudding,sherbet.....
I had a small bowl obstruction.

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Eggs, meat, dairy, white bread, white rice - lots of stuff is low in fiber.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Is there a dietitian at your hospital you can speak to about this?
  • XTiffers13X
    Options
    I'm not in the hospital now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    for now (1 more week) I'm on this diet. Doctor orders. What can I eat? Besides jello,pudding,sherbet.....

Why would you only be eating those things? What did the doctor tell you to eat?
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    tender cuts of meat, ground meat, tofu, fish and shellfish, smooth peanut butter, eggs, white breads, crackers(ritz original has no fiber), cereals without whole grains, tender, well-cooked fresh or canned vegetables with no seeds, stems or skins, white potatoes without skins. There's more. I got this from the internet. Just google low fat diet. This is from Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Low Fiber diet
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The doctor said eat low fiber but didn't tell you what that means? You need to call the office and talk to the doc or his/her nurse. I can't believe they didn't give you more information on this.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The clear broths and juices too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Other than "low fiber" what advice did the doctor give you for a diet for a bowel obstruction?
  • TayzerFun
    TayzerFun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your obstruction. :( My husband has bowel issues and needs to be on this diet from time to time. No greens, veggies/fruits with skins, seeds, nuts or anything "rough." Google "Low residue diet" and look on pinterest, also. We generally eat a lot of white rice when he's having his stomach trouble. I believe he was allowed to have apple sauce also. Speedy recovery to you!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Get advice from your GP.

With ibs, I had a week of just grilled chicken or beef and rice