♥ WHERE ARE MY SPIN DIE HARDS??

Luvmesumkenny
Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
♥ GOT A QUESTION.. I HAVE BEEN DOING SPIN FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS.. I REALLY, REALLY LOVE IT.. I WAS JUST CURIOUS.. I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE WEARING THE BIKING SHOES.. DO THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE?? IF SO CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD BRAND. THANX SO MUCH ♥

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    I was wondering what the difference was too. I have been spinning for a few months now and I'm super addicted! :D
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I spin every Saturday at my gym and love it! I only wish they had evening spin classes so that us working folks can participate too! (There are a lot of students and super fit 50-60 yr old ladies b/c of how cheap the gym is, $300 a year but I got it for $99 b/c of a one-day dealfind.com certificate and of course, none of these people work f/t).

I used regular shoes though since the bikes have the cages not clip-on options so I can't be of any help there.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    I wear them. They do make a difference. It is hard to explain, though. It's almost like you are more "at one" with your pedals, and you don't have to mess around with those stupid straps/cages. It only takes a few seconds to clip in and unclip. I find them to be more comfortable, which improves my ride substantially.

The brand I wear is Pearl Izumi. I bought them at REI.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/publish/content/pi_2010/us/en/index.html
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Yes, absolutely spin shoes make a difference. I am no expert as I have been spinning for about 6 months but I think you get more out of your workout with the shoes. They keep you foot in the right position (flat) and you really work your leg muscles all the way up to your butt! You can also pull up with you feet as you are cycling and get a better burn, something you really can't do with your foot strapped in.

I got my spin shoes for about $100 and the clips are about $15. I got them locally and not online but you can find them online also.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Yes, absolutely spin shoes make a difference. I am no expert as I have been spinning for about 6 months but I think you get more out of your workout with the shoes. They keep you foot in the right position (flat) and you really work your leg muscles all the way up to your butt! You can also pull up with you feet as you are cycling and get a better burn, something you really can't do with your foot strapped in.

Yeah, what she said! lol! I've had mine for over a year..... wouldn't ever go back.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    I've had my cycling shoes for over a year now and they do make a difference. Since your foot is attached to the pedal, your movements are much more efficient (i.e. on the way up, your foot doesn't lift off the pedal so you still work). I bought my shoes in a cycling store and if memory serves me right, they were approximately $125.
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    I have been taking a spin class for about 3 months at my gym.......
    and I LUUUV it...... But our bikes also have the cages for my runners...
    so I dont know the difference....

But the class is sure an awesome workout!!!!!!!
  • Hotlanta123
    Hotlanta123 Posts: 12
    Yes they definitely make a difference. With the cages, you're really only creating power on the downstroke. If you're clipped in you produce power on the upstroke as well. Not only does it give you a better workout, you will feel different leg muscles getting worked. I actually get a better calorie burn with the clips.
This discussion has been closed.