carb cycling

Options
RicoGil
RicoGil Posts: 3 Member
Any one know how this works ? Good carbs ? Bad carbs ? Light and heavy carbs ??? Very new to this

Replies

• jamitchell77
    jamitchell77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chris Powell (from Extreme Weight Loss) wrote a book that's available on Amazon for about $16. It explains it thoroughly. Basically you eat 2 or 3 days with low carbs (less than 50 grams per day) and high protein and fat. Then one day you eat high carbs and protein but low fat. Don't quote me but I think I almost have the formula right. :)
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Only provides a protocol to add carbs on training days and lower carbs on non training days. Outside of the overall calorie deficit it needs to create to lose weight, it does not bio-hack the body into losing weight any better compared to other protocols establishing the same deficit. In regards to weightloss, the type of carbs, "good" or "bad", are somewhat irrelevant, but one can easily eat 100 grams of carbs in sugary cereal or sweets (with very little to show for it mind you), where it would be tough to eat 100 grams of carbs of most vegetables due to the volume of food and added fiber. Nutrition on the other hand, "good" and "bad" carbs are much more important.

Just to add, if this offers you better gym performance and/or better adherence to your diet goals, then it makes sense for you. If not, then you'd be better off with doing something else you can adhere to that creates the same overall deficit if you goal is weightloss.