Having trouble with appetite at night!

Options
I'm doing great breakfast, lunch, pm snack...but come dinner time, my dinner does fill me up, but then an hour later I'm getting hungry. I

'm trying to eat at least 75 g of protein during the day with all meals/snacks, but it doesn't help at dinner. I'm trying to stay under 1300 calories/day.

Help!

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I 'try' to save 300 or so of my 1200 for after supper. When I actually do that, it works well. When I have coffee after a meal, it helps too. I also need help with this..but I do a lot better than I did in the past. Can't wait to see what others suggest.
  • BrickiLee
    BrickiLee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about after dinner munchies this very second! Like Carol posted above, I also try to save anywhere from 200-300 calories (sometimes a bit more) for my late night cravings. I'm one of those people who cannot sleep on an empty stomach, no matter how hard I try. I've always been that way.

You could also try eating dinner a little later in the evening, so there is less time between dinner and bedtime. Lol
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner at 7 or so. I also have a dessert or bedtime snack of yogurt and grapenuts. I find this really helps, especially since I choose not to drink very much after 6, to help with forestalling ate night bathroom visits.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    your profile says that you are at your goal weight of 135 pounds. If yes, why are you still eating 1300 calories a day? I would assume your maintenance level is higher that that….
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you don't just eat either.
  • tsalagi82
    tsalagi82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    your profile says that you are at your goal weight of 135 pounds. If yes, why are you still eating 1300 calories a day? I would assume your maintenance level is higher that that….

135 was my old goal....120 is my new goal.
  • tsalagi82
    tsalagi82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you don't just eat either.

I'm not sure what you mean.

• Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough calories, if you only need to lose 10lbs than you should aim to lose .5lbs/week - changing this will increasing your daily calorie intake and you won't feel so hungry.
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would re-evaluate how many calories you need in a day. I would look up your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and see how many calories you burn in a day just by being alive. 1,300 calories seems pretty low since you're so close to your goal. I usually save 200-300 calories a day for my "late night snack" and it usually ends up being a protein bar or some froyo! Sweet and satisfying.
  • brightlitblueskies
    brightlitblueskies Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get night cravings as well and I eat between 1400-1600 calories a day. I've started drinking a lot of tea with splenda (or honey, if I have extra calories) and it seems to help.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    I remedied this by eating late at night (11:30pm) and not going over calories, then not eating again till after 12:00pm the next day. As mentioned, just save some calories for the evening.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png