Struggling and tired

Options
I've really been trying to put forth the effort to exercise at LEAST three times a week and watch my intake, but I thought all this was supposed to make you feel better... I don't feel better. I am tired ALL the time, I get discuraged whenever I loose NOTHING for THREE weeks at a time (I know, muscle is heavier), but I just want to feel better, have more energy, see results and I don't.

Why and I so tired? I don't want to keep trying so hard (working out) if I just feel tired and beat all the time. And I have been trying to keep it up for a few months before I complained and today is day 75... time to ask some questions.

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Your diary is hidden so its hard to guess. Have you been following the calorie goals suggested on this site? Eating back some of your workout calories too?
  • soldierboy00
    Options
    that happen to me last year i had the same problem i had a friend which has being working out hard for over 5 years i ask him for advice he told me to drink a cup of whey protein with some skim milk in the morning and told to start consuming more protein and that did it for me my energy level when up the same day i follow his advice i started also adding protein bad difrent flavors. And never had theat issue again im not saying thats the issue with you but it could be your body needs more protein maybe try changing the calories intake to more protein.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey girl...I feel tired too. Working out has never really made me feel "energetic" as most say. I feel lethargic and I drag, but for me it's my sleep habits. I get about about 5 hrs. of sleep and I know this is probably what's making me feel even more lethargic. I stay up late and do most of my cleaning, washing and catching up on TV shows...so this is my dilema. :grumble:

Are you getting enough sleep? Just wondering...
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Try a good B Vitamin complex, and/or eat more veggies with B vitamins. It's REALLY helped me a lot. I take it in the morning with breakfast, and I've seen a big change in my energy levels. You might also want to go with a good women's daily multiple - I started taking New Chapter's Women's formula and it took a couple of weeks, but I feel a ton better. I don't know if it was me changing my diet so radically (I no longer drink soda and haven't eaten anything at a fast food restaurant in a little over 5 weeks now) or the vitamins or both. But it's worth trying! Hope that helps you.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen where I felt exhausted all the time and wasn't losing any weight. I started eating more calories every day, and almost immediately had my energy back and starting losing again. Not sure how much you exercise, but if you've been at this for a while and getting into decent shape/muscles built, you may want to consider this as your body may now be burning more at rest than it was when you started and needs more food to sustain itself.
  • netty42
    netty42 Posts: 16
    Options
    drink plenty of water you might be dehydrated..if you are working out and not drinking enough you will not just feel tired but exhausted x
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are eating enough? Are you eating the right foods to fuel your body? Are you getting enough sleep?

If you are not loosing weight probably you hit a plateau so you need to shock your body but in a good way. Examine what are you eating and try to clean your diet probably you are not eating clean enough.

If you need more help send me an email maybe I can help. cynthia.coreano@gmail.com
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    you are doing the right thing by asking questions wish I had the answer I can tell you sleep is so important and good rem sleep not tossing and turning but sounds like there are some great answers hope they help you please stay in touch and keep getting support as it will change and you will be so proud of yourself good luck
    pat
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    This whole weight loss thing is such an adventure. You have to find the right mix of food and exercise that works for you. For your exercise, are you doing something you like to do? I agree with sodlierboy00, you need to refuel your body with the right portions of proteins and carbs after your workout so your body can recover.
    Sometimes the weight doesn't come off on the scale, in pounds, but off your body in inches. Are your clothes fitting better? As long as you don't give up, you will eventually reach your goal. Refer to your quote and continue to take one day at a time.
  • Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey girl...I feel tired too. Working out has never really made me feel "energetic" as most say. I feel lethargic and I drag, but for me it's my sleep habits. I get about about 5 hrs. of sleep and I know this is probably what's making me feel even more lethargic. I stay up late and do most of my cleaning, washing and catching up on TV shows...so this is my dilema. :grumble:

Are you getting enough sleep? Just wondering...

I sleep about 8 hours a night, I've always required a lot and I know that so I try to make sure I always get enough.
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When is the last time you had a good physical. There are a lot of things that can work against you. If you have low iron that can make you tired. if you suffer from depression, that can make you tired. If your not getting enough protien rich food, that can make you tired. If your taking any kind of medication, they can be making you tired. Check with your doctor first to be sure there is no physical cause for the fatigue. You may be fighting agains your own body.

Also, making sure you calories are coming from vitamin rich fruits and veggies and not complex carbs. That can make you tired. I see you are a mom, that can make you tired. These are just a few things to check out.

Just don't give up. Be your own advicate for better health. Keep digging till you find what's right for you.
  • Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Are eating enough? Are you eating the right foods to fuel your body? Are you getting enough sleep?

If you are not loosing weight probably you hit a plateau so you need to shock your body but in a good way. Examine what are you eating and try to clean your diet probably you are not eating clean enough.

If you need more help send me an email maybe I can help. cynthia.coreano@gmail.com

I eat what my calorie intake suggests and occasionally endulge in small treats (a dove piece or 1/2 cup of ice cream), but I've really been trying to watch everything.

My diary is public, I just didn't complete before midnight this weekend so it's not showing, but it's there. I really only drink water (I had Dr. Pepper this weekend cause we were working at a fund raiser and ran out of water), and literally log everything that I take in, even if it has a negative effect on my calories.

I love the work-out's I've been doing. I do a body pump class twice a week and spin class once a week, I wish I could go 4 days a week, but right now I can't schedule it in with my toddler and my husband's work schedule.

I sleep about 8 hours a night, I really like my sleep so I make SURE I get it! hehe

I'll check into the protein thing, but I missed my workout today because I overslept. I didn't even HEAR my alarm today! I'm not usually that hard of a sleeper! I'll see what I can find out about the vitamins, too. I've heard that they aren't regulated so they don't always benefit you because they don't have enough of the "good stuff" to do anything.

Anyway, thank you all for your advice!