Sweet Tooth

Options
I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. This obviously tends to hinder my progress with my diet. I try not to stop myself, because then I tend to binge.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy substitutions? I'm working on fruit and low-fat/low calorie mousse cups.

Replies

• lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i try curly wurlys in the freezer and sugar free jelly
  • jojosmojitos
    Options
    If you have a chocolate craving, the fiber one 90 calorie brownies are really tasty. Especially if you pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinny Cow products.....you will like!
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The Dryers "no sugar added" fruit bars are yummy. Sometimes I have to have 2!! = ) They are only 25 calories each.
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes chocolate candy bars and clusters that are 110 -120 calories. This can help with chocolate cravings.
  • cmprgirl
    cmprgirl Posts: 3
    Options
    frozen red grapes (they taste like ice cream!)
  • susanyork821
    Options
    The skinny cow ice cream sandwhiches are AWESOME!!!! Also weight watchers makes pecan clusters and other good candy...
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer is fruit....which, I do love...but gosh darn it, I want carbs & *true* sweets right now ;)
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like the special K chocolate stuff (cereals or bars)
    Also, make your own deserts and freeze or package things. This works for me with cakes, which I love. Find a healthy recipe for brownies, banana bread, cookies etc Make them on Sundays them bring them to work for the week. Homemade things are typically better for yah!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Edy's also has a 'no sugar added' 25 calorie fruit bar. These things are amazing!

The Dryers "no sugar added" fruit bars are yummy. Sometimes I have to have 2!! = ) They are only 25 calories each.
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    OH! Almost forgot! If you like bread/pasties........Get one can of pumpkin puree' (The smaller one, I think 16-18oz) and a box of Devils food cake mix (or any flavor you want) and mix the pumpkin in. No need to add anything else. Bake in 12 cupcake tin for about 25 min (or until toothpick is clean when you check it) and dah dah duhmmmm........choc muffins. YUMMY They work out to be about 28-30 cal each and even have 2 grams of fiber because of the pumkin. (Can't taste the pumkin at all!!!)
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I bought some Jello brand sugar-free non-fat dark chocolate pudding cups this weekend. They are actually good! I also munch on Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars...the peanut butter chocolate chip and the coconut carmel chocolate ones are YUM and low sugar.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream...the chocolate truffle bars are the best! Also, fresh fruit and low fat cottage cheese, or if you craving chocolate, Vitatop brownies are the best!! PB on Ezekiel bread also does it for me sometimes when I have a sweet tooth.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I bought a cotton candy maker that uses hard candy - then I substituted some sugar-free candy for the regular stuff.

16 cals for cotton candy? Yes please :wink:
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really like the See's candy lollipops. They have chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch. They are about 80 calories each and I like that they don't have any HFCS. They're also very satisfying because they last a long time.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2! It is sweet, delicious and low calorie. Gives a bit of protein and a wonderful sweet tooth fix!
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am about to make chocolate-peanutbutter grahamwiches from the biggest loser cookbook. Chocolate graham cracker square topped with 1 teaspoon of reduced fat peanutbutter and 1/8 cup of fat free frozen whipped topping thawed, and topped with another square. Freeze. 112 calories.
    I have also had this with regular graham crackers with no peanut butter. They are good and I have such a sweet tooth.
    I agree about not depriving ourselves of things we love to eat. It ultimately makes us crave it more and binge.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I keep tootsie roll pops at all times, they really help me curve the cravings
    and last forever
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I also have a major sweet tooth (and a weakness for baked goods). I allow myself small amounts of my fav sweets, and then log the cals. Since I'm controlling my intake of sweets, I don't stray from my meal plan.

For example, someone put a huge box of fresh donuts in the office kitchen this morning, just before I went in to make my green tea. The donuts were between 200-300 calories each, and I seriously considered them. But then I remembered, I had some Godiva chocolate at home, already measured out for my evening snack. Godiva wins! So, no I didn't have a donut, but i get GOOD chocolate later tonight.

To sum up what everyone has been posting above (and mine too). You CAN have some sweets, just be in control of what you eat. :smile:
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    OH! Almost forgot! If you like bread/pasties........Get one can of pumpkin puree' (The smaller one, I think 16-18oz) and a box of Devils food cake mix (or any flavor you want) and mix the pumpkin in. No need to add anything else. Bake in 12 cupcake tin for about 25 min (or until toothpick is clean when you check it) and dah dah duhmmmm........choc muffins. YUMMY They work out to be about 28-30 cal each and even have 2 grams of fiber because of the pumkin. (Can't taste the pumkin at all!!!)

made these!!!! they were FANTASTIC!!!