Overweight Mom with PCOS

Hey everyone, I'm a mommy of an almost 3 year old little boy. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I recently found out I have pcos, also known as polycystic ovarian syndrome. It is a disease in women that causes insulin resistance and a pre diabetic condition. That's the main reason I've has such problems with my weight. I'm starting to change my lifestyle to be more healthy and active. I'm trying to stick with as low carb of a diet as possible. This has to be a forever thing for me. So if any of the women out there have the same disease or just want to help give and get some support message or friend me! I'd like as much support any suggestions possible. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Sending you a buddy request!
  • RidingTidesOfChange
    RidingTidesOfChange Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there, I have PCOS also and can relate! I've found the following site very helpful. Getting healthier is a process and rather slow going for me with my PCOS. Try to be patient and good to yourself while you make your changes! :smile: The site is: www.pcosdietsupport.com
  • Daniv84
    Daniv84 Posts: 12 Member
    I have PCOS too. Weight loss is SUCH a struggle and has been my whole life! I am the Mom of 7 month twins. So I am struggling to get that weight off too! Would love to have some support and give some as well! :smile:
  • chelseadeforge92
    chelseadeforge92 Posts: 3 Member
    Daniv84, I'm so glad to have found someone who has it too! Hope we can help each other out ☺
  • chelseadeforge92
    chelseadeforge92 Posts: 3 Member
    LilBitOWhimsy, thanks for the support, hope we can help each other out as well! ☺