Bloating

allison_moushey
allison_moushey Posts: 36 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm working harder than I ever have before on staying fit but EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I eat I get bloated and is kind of discouraging :( I have a nearly flat tummy until I eat then I have that stupid pooch the whole day. Even if I drink water but stomach blows up.
It's just tough to put in all this effort and watch my belly blow up from drinking water after a run.
I know it's bad but it's making me eat less than I need to...
Does anybody else deal with this? It's so frustrating when trying to get a flat tummy and having it expand so much when I eat or drink anything

Replies

• KonekoKawaii
    KonekoKawaii Posts: 11 Member
    Happens to all of us-

my best advice is drink a tonne of water! 2 litres should be a good start.
    It's so dang easy to bloat-anykind of water retention is going to attribute to it.

Make sure you drink extra water when:
    • You work out
    • It's a particulary hot day
    • You eat lots of carbs (they're notorious for water retention!)
    • Waiting for meals

On top of that, I guarantee you you're the only person that notices the bloating. Just make sure you're not dipping too much under 1000-1200 calories, and you'll be golden.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    I have the same problem.
    I work hard to eat well and have a *nearly* flat stomach in the mornings, particularly after I exercise. Then I start eating and BAM I have this little pooch in my stomach and its really annoying - since I don't generally stuff myself during the day but eat in small portions, and drink lots of green tea + water.

I reckon it takes a few weeks of not staring at it everyday to notice some kind of result. Sometimes its hormones and other factors. Alot of times its also our own perception of our bodies. I found after speaking to my significant other about this he sort of put it into perspective for me and said I had become too thin. I looked at the rest of my body and realised that I had been so fixated on my little pooch I had lost alot of weight on the rest of my frame. So that sort of made me realise that we have to be careful during weight loss to ensure its done in a balanced way.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    where do you think food goes after you eat??
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

FTW! *throws confetti*

• allison_moushey
    allison_moushey Posts: 36 Member

I'm not an idiot. I'm saying I have like 2 drinks of water and I look pregnant.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm with ya ladies. I get very frustrated by it. I recently discovered I tend to get more fiber than I need according to MFP. While I feel like I've tried everything else from probiotics to drinking more water, I'm going to try and lower my fiber intake and see if that helps any. It's very frustrating when you know you don't have a gut but yet one shows. I'm proud of my stomach in the morning, then not so much later and it's not an issue of overeating or too much carbs etc.

I've been googling the issue for months now and came across one blog where a girl documented what her belly looked like in the morning/afternoon-evening...it was exactly how I feel/look. No answers though. No food intolerances.

And for reference I'm 5'8 128. Glad to know I'm not alone!! I feel like I need 0% body fat to avoid if and I know that's not the answer.