Cravings-Lady Time

Options
2»

Replies

• sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just look at the macros on some frozen yogurts down the ice cream isle and try to find one that appeals to you. I've found one that I really like that is pretty low-cal, tastes good, and is chocolate flavoured! It's a Canadian only brand though (president's choice) so I don't think you'd be able to find the same one, but really any one is good. I usually crush up some frozen raspberries on top - makes a great dessert and is sweet enough to help with cravings. Also, if you want something salty - make some popcorn and add some coconut oil and a bit of salt :smile: And if you're a weight-lifter, or just need more protein you can try Quest bars (warmed up!) or pro-max protein bars.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just try to busy lol....
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I'm driving myself mad right now. It seems at that certain time of the month, your stomach turns into a never ending pit. Constantly hungry! I did let myself have an extra snack after dinner yesterday, mind you that didn't help, still would have happily eaten the entire contents of the fridge. I'm being very strict with myself today - eating only what I know I would usually be full on, and sticking to drinking water rather than snacking, and listening to music, I find it distracts me from thinking about food - after a while I forget I'm "hungry".
  • londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Was just reading another post similar to this! I always end up starving in the few days before and all healthy habits could easily - or sometimes do - fly out the window. I try to get my cardio in on these days because the first few days it actually starts I'm as good as useless - cramps, nausea and a whole host of other nasties that leave me stuck in bed. I did find a really interesting article recently about depending on what you're craving it means you're lacking in a certain vitamin and gave healthy alternatives. It's worth looking in to as it made sense what the article was saying. Although lets be honest, during TOM if you're after a bar of chocolate and you're advised to eat spinach...I think I know who's going to win...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get ravenous before too. But I don't crave sweets... I'm just hungry. Once it starts, nope.